Do Armies Have To Be Painted --> - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your army have to be painted to play in stores and tournies? I've just been playing with friends and none of us have all of our army painted. If they do have to be, to what extent? Could it just be primer? Just primer and a base coat? Fully painted and detailed? What's the deal with that? If I could get this topic lightened up that would be really nice. Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to use any model in a GW store or tourny the model must have atleast 3 colours on it and it's base must be painted or flocked. i'd check with your local store first as they may only require the model to be undercoated.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye GW stores and any GW sanctioned tornaments require at least three colors on a model, and they need to be based... But I have noticed several pictures on GW's website, that are pics from various Gamesdays, and tehy are not based or even fully painted. So I dunno...

But it is been shown many times that painted models do far better than unpainted ones...

--Keep Disco Evil--

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally it doesn't have to be painted, noone is making you do it.
    The only thing about it is that if it is painted then you get extra points for it.
    I played a tournement this weekend, and maybe some 7-8 people in that tournement didn't have the entire army painted, some had them partially.

So I wont say you must have a painted army, but it does look better.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

And if all that doesnt answer the question then:

Stores: Ask, generally they prefer painted and based, non GW stores tend to be a little more leniant on this and I have seen stores where a percentage of you aremy has to be painted and/or based

Tourneys: Again ask, some state they must be painted and based, others dont, generally even if they dont you will by default lose a lot of points by playing with a non painted army so that however you do in the battles, you will not win the tourney
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In GW it must have 3 colors

But there are other places you can goto that run tournements where armies do not have to be painted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army is painted but it's Tau (Easy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, it is 3 colours...altho most of the time you can get away with it...they are friendly chaps, and will normally let you play them as long as they are undercoated. I myself would not take unpainted models to GW...it just looks so BAD... I like to have a painted army if I'm going to play there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read the FAQ about rogue trader tournaments they say it doesnt have to be painted but they warn you that your score will be drasticly reduced because of it.

Closed Thread