Tyranids rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyranids rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids rules

This really hurted me last time I played with a friend...

anyway.. I had a carnifex carrying a barbed strangler, mutable size, spasms, so he had a S10 Ap 3 wpn...

I was facing an Eldar Biel tan howling banshee squad of 8 ppl, and beside them I had my 32 scything gaunts rdy for charge... so I first fired with my ord. wpn, but I had in mind the ord wpn didn't scattered, isn't that correct? but since my friend claimed it scattered, by entirely gaunt squad nearly died when the big blast marker rained on their heads... ;(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more question: When I read the WD number 250 or something, I found out that nids could have special troops which costed like 200-500 pts, aka huge monsters, who could work as transport.. anyone knows how u can use them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One further question: The spore mines, can the enemies assault them? (don't ask me why they would...) Also, can those spore mines die when failing difficult terrain test forced by the scatter move in the beginning of each turn? Concerning LOS, can spore mines block LOS for my genestealers/gaunts/other small bugs? that would be really awesome... :mrgreen:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Why not put all your questions in one post ?
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't find my papers, had 2 separate.. sry about that... but the last one was new...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

digimon, you really deserve you're rank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ban philipmatlary, he's spamming in my thread...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

There is no way that a carnifex can have a S10 AP3 weapon. You cheated.
    A barbed strangler on a carnifex cannot be anything else than S7 or S8 without any AP. A venom cannon is S10, but only AP4 and no blast. Read the rules, for god's sake!

However...a barbed strangler doesn't scatter, so it cannot scatter onto your gaunts. But since you obviously don't play by the rules (we told you more than once that a strangler cannot be S10), why should your friend follow them?

Concerning the spores: There is no definite ruling about this. But since they cannot be used for crossfire and they don't prevent regriuping of a falling back unit within 6", i'd also say that your opponent cannot charge them. That's not written anywhere though.
    There is no rule at all that says that spores are affected by difficult terrain at all - so they're immune to any rolls concerning diff terrain.

No, spores cannot block LOS. There is nothing which can block LOS to tyranids except terrain, vehicles and close combats, because of the "shoot the big ones rule". Even a carnifex cannot block LOS to a tiny ripper swarm.

You can easily edit your posts, there is a button next to every one of your posts.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't a carnifex have a S10 AP 3 wpn?

a venom cannon + spasm makes it..

it can even have a S10 AP6 Ord. wpn (with normal upgrades+exceptional size+spasm)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Yes, a venom cannon is S10 - but in your post you talked about a barbed strangler and a ordnance template.
    And what is "spasm"? It's not in the codex. As far as i know there is no upgrade which improves the AP of a bioweapon. A venom cannon is AP4.

Concerning the S10 strangler: You cannot modify a part of the statline over 10. You'd need a S12 carnifex for a S10 strangler. But there is no way to have such a carnifex. A barbed strangler cannot be stronger than 8.

jwu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast