Khorne Juggernauts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under demonic steed in the codex it says gives model +1 toughness and moves as calvery. Under Juggernauts it says steed. Does this mean that juggernauts confer the +1 toughness and calvery to models or not?

I think it should cause the juggernaut is so big it should make the model tougher but the guy I was playing against doesnt.

The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you have it made.
    You will live a long full life and gradually decay into a useless blob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was right. Although it has the word 'steed' in the entry, it is not the Daemonic Gift of Daemonic Steed (page 1. The word is there only to let you know it is to ride upon, and is restricted from riding in vehicles and such. It does not confer cavalry to the rider/unit either. Not something that makes a lot of sense looking at the model, but that's the rules. It didn't do it under the last rendition of the rules either.

The Juggernaut is actually a piece of wargear in the Khorne only armory. It conferes its own abilities on the rider and is not a Daemonic Steed as defined by the Daemonic Gifts section of the book. I would have not a problem with someone buying the daemonic steed gift and applying it to a juggernaut/rider, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Simply put: a steed is just to indicate that the CSM model is riding something. Steeds can be anything: Daemonic Steeds, Juggernauts, Bikes etc. The wording that a Juggernaut is a steed only works for the sake of certain rules (transport, certain weapons etc), it has no bonuses beyond those in its own entry.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread