Monolith Particle Whip - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I have a friend who went to a couple of rogue trader tournaments recently and he was telling me that my wife is firing her Monolith wrong. He tells me that the particle whip is placed up to 24" inches away and then you roll BS skill to hit. If you hit, then you hit on target. In other words, you don't do scatter dice like you would a Leman Russ.
    The reason I bring this up is because he said that all the Cron players at the two rogue trader tourneys were telling him that it's how you are supposed to fire it. According to these players you also fire the Tau Railgun in the same manner.
    Is this all a bunch of crap? The rules say you fire it like Ordinance. That's pretty clear to me and I can't find anything else that contradicts it. If it's out there, then please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about the monolith thing but u just roll to hit for a rail gun

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The particle whip uses normal ordnance rules, and those special rules which are specified in Codex Necrons. Nothing else.

Note that the railgun submunition shot uses the ordnance marker, but it is NOT an ordnance weapon. Therefore comparing the particle whip to the railgun is pointless.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any necron player who uses BS to hit for a particle whip, is 1 SICK PLAYER!!!

o sure, the power of a monolith is bs4 then.

BULLSHIT, it is a ordnance weapon, it is said so in the weapons section.

damn it, how come some people are just so damn stupid!!

necrons only have 5 weapons OMG< HOW CAN SOMEONE MISS THAT&#33;&#33;&#33;???

Closed Thread