Deep Strike, dangerous terrain roll? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep Strike, dangerous terrain roll?

When units with jump packs deep strike do they take dangerous terrain test if they scatter into terrain/heavy terrain that is not impassable terrain? How about with teleporting units?

I know Main book pg 55 and pg 84 as the only places they talk about it so my assumption is that there are no dangerous terrain rolls when deep striking, but my friend disagrees. I let it go during game but want to get it cleared up before we play again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I love a good challenge.

I tried find something concrete to give as a reference, but wasn't able to. Taking what I have, this is what I came up with.

If the unit would normally take a Dangerous Terrain test for ending their move in Difficult Terrain (I.E., Jump Pack units, Gargoyles) then they will need to make a Dangerous Terrain test. The reference for this is page 55 of the BGB, last sentence under "Movement Phase." Deep Striking is considered a form of movement, so that sentence is still valid.

Otherwise, units shouldn't need to take any tests for difficult terrain. If the terrain is classified as Dangerous to all units, then of course any unit landing in that patch of terrain will need to test as normal.

+ Reply to Thread