Leader With Gretchin/grot/squig Wargear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is a bit tricky...

Grots and squigs can be taken by a leader as wargear (in fact, the ork leader comes with an attack squig mounted on his arm).

The codex says that grots and squigs need to be represented by their own models, must keep coherency distance. It also says there, or in the faq (can't remember which off the top of my head) that they count toward the squads casualty count and losses, can be removed as casualties, ...

The wartrukk rules even get into this saying "If the Warboss and his bodyguard number ten models or less (including squigs, Grots, etc) they may be mounted in a wartrukk ..."

The point being that over and over I'm seeing the grots and squigs, if picked as wargear, count toward the squad that the leader is a part of. And therefore, make a leader a non-independent character if he picks that as wargear.

pg 74 of the rulebook says a independent characters "are represented by individual models".

If a leader picks grots/squigs/etc as wargear, and he doesn't start in his HQ squad of nobz and such, he cannot during a battle join another squad (only an independent character can do that). He doesn't get the independent characters movement bonus through difficult terrain. And he isn't covered in the shooting special rule for independent characters.

Guys, I think this is right, but I also think its lame :blink: . Anybody know if this has been discussed in the past and ruled on officially?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

It retains independant character status, as the models are wargear, classified as 'followers'. They follow the character, but he still counts as independant.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opinion? Or something from the book?

If its something from the book, please point me to it.. I know this is going to come up if I pick a leader with squigs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I&#39;m not sure if this is in the BBB, but I think I&#39;ve seen it in either codex or FAQ of CSM and/or Orks. I know for a fact that it&#39;s a rule, I just can&#39;t remember where it&#39;s located.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread