Mini Warp Blast counts as...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini Warp Blast counts as...?

My friend and I had recently found ourselves asking a question, does the minor warp blast count as a psychic power? It says that instead of firing it's ranged bio-weapon, it can use the smaller warp blast instead. Also, they say that the minor warp blast does not need a psychic test. The reason I am asking this is my friend wanted to use Catalyst in the assault phase, since two psychic powers cannot be used in the same turn, we came into a minor agrument. What do you guys think?

Edit to answer Ostsol: Yes, it is a Zoanthrope.

Last edited by Marneus; November 4th, 2005 at 05:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

It's counts both as a psychic power and as a shooting attack, however I'm pretty sure that the limit on psychic powers used per turn only refers to powers that require a test. Keep in mind that Warp Field is also a psychic power, but it doesn't stop the Zoanthrope from using other powers in the same turn.

BTW: Hopefully this isn't a Hive Tyrant you're talking about. . . The Tyrant can only take one power in addition to the ones it has built in (Synapse and The Horror).
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One psychic power per phase. No exceptions without special wargear such as thralls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

hm, good point actually. Because if MadHatter is right, the zoanthrope can only use his warpfield, and never use any of the other powers, making him fairly useless. Remember, there is no rules indication that warpfield and low-powered warp blast is different, since neither requires a test, just one is always active...
    I would think this applies to powers that require a test, but I'm no expert on this field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

The 'Nid codex does next to nothing for this argument. It states that any beastie with access to the Hive mind powers is a Psycher, then it goes on to say that if a power doesn't require a test it can't be cancelled/countered, end of section. Unfortunately, I don't carry my BGB with me to work, so, I can't go into that. Page ref for the 'Nid dex is page 31 in the text box labelled Hive Mind Powers, (go figer).
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

+ Reply to Thread