Changing Model Legal? Landraider TWLC sponsons moved to front doors. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing Model Legal? Landraider TWLC sponsons moved to front doors.

Is it legal to build models in ways that don't match the pictures exactly, legal in the typical tournie I mean.

For example, how about moving the lascannons up to the front doors of the landraider so there is less of a blind spot in the middle to both weapons. Other then affecting where units could disembark it seems fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Officially, as long as the mechanics don't change, is a GW model and it is WYSIWYG, I am almost positive it is Tourney legal.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

This one but...

It should be fine, although someone might have a problem about your Sponson's having a slightly longer range at the front.

Other than that it should be fine. I'd still play you but (most decent players would). :yes:

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

So long as it doesn't change the functionality of the vehicle, everything goes.

Thing is, it looks like you're trying to change the firing arcs of the weapons, which is giving yourself an unfair advantage. This could be easily remedied by marking the original positions of the weapons and measuring from there instead of the actual barrels.

Obviously, this won't be such a big issue during friendly games, but you might see some fuss when it comes to tournies and professional games.

Ofcourse, I'm a pessimestic, and prefer to err on the side of caution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, if I drove it backwards it would have the same advantage minus the twin heavybolters.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Seriously, how many times have you had to drive a Land Raider backwards, and fire at what is behind it? :blink:

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Good point you could technically do that drive it in reverse and fire backwards. Plus think about ti isn't it logical for the lascannons to be in the front and the hatch in the back i mean wouldn't you be hesitant to jump out of a tank into the line of fire of a lascannon.

Really i dont think that anyone will pitch a stink about it but to make sure they dont do a couple other conversions to it to make it blend better and make people think you are not just doing it for and advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

If you are doing this sole to gain the firing arcs advantage then no, otherwise what is not to stop you from converting it so that both lascannon sponsoons are on the front. Although i'm not familiar with the model I could see alot of people with problems with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, I was looking at the MkIII Land Raider box top picture (a small one from the GW UK site), and the sponsoons seem to be on the front hatch. It seems to me you can mount them as you wish. It might make it a bit more difficult to onload your whole troop within 2" of the front hatch and keep unit coherence. In my opinion, youy would have to disembark the passengers from the front all the way to one of the side hatches. This would hinder your assaulting after disembarking, but hey, you can't have your cake and eat it!!! It would be the same thing with the front-hatch mounted hurricane bolter on the LRC. Fortunatenly, my GK are never more than 10 inside the LRC, so they fit trough the front hatch when dismbarking...

As for the driving in reverse..... Well, my SoBs are renowned for their "crazy *****es" driving style! With the ability to spin whenever they want at the beginning or end of movement, my rhinos (like all tanks!) end up driving forward, backward or even sideways (starting on side facing the ennemy and ending the same way 12" further!).... Very usefull when you need a mobile wall for your troops, or simply to disembark at a specific place/angle!

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that legal?
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast