MC Query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MC Query

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

MC Query

Howdy all. I have a question that I don't believe is covered in the BGB, so, I am looking for opinions. If it is covered in the BGB, please give me a page ref.

Anyway, here is my question. Can a monstrous creature charge more than one unit at a time?

Some background, I play 'Nids and have a tricked out Tyrant, (wings, nasty gun, big claws, huge ego, ya know). So, he shoots a unit and charges them, chances are, the unit will be dead by the end of the turn. So he overruns into the next unit. Well, I'm lazy, if the Tyrant, (or any MC), can make base to base with a model from both units, is that a legal charge and do both units count as locked with the Tyrant? I am not sure as a unit can do this, (an MC is a unit, from a certain point of view). But, it doesn't really sound right, rules wise. Realistically this makes sense, (big beasty try to eat as many snacks as possible as quickly as possible), but, it's a game, not reality.

SO, any thoughts, suggestions, insults?

A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Pretty sure anyone can only attack one unit. Otherwise things would get wierd with everybody charging everyman and his dog (termagant). :blink:

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

See, there's my point, a unit CAN charge multiple units, (sorry no page ref. BGB at home). So, why not a unit of one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Oh. *cough*

I forgot about that. :bink: I don't see the problem then. After all the Tyrant can still only attack one unit. He can't divide his attacks (or maybe he can...). I think I'll leave this to the rules boyz...

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Like the rules boys are any better qualified than we are. Ooops, I'm sorry, am I trashing GW protocols and procedures again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Like the rules boys are any better qualified than we are. Ooops, I'm sorry, am I trashing GW protocols and procedures again.
    :ninja:

I'd let you, but I would just ask your opponent. It's not that much of a disadvantage to him. Just ask.

~Yossanrion
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

The rules seem to indicate the the primary target gets charged first. Since a lone IC is a unit of one, there's nothing left to move into contact with the secondary target. By this interpretation, an individual may only charge a single enemy unit.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    The rules seem to indicate the the primary target gets charged first. Since a lone IC is a unit of one, there's nothing left to move into contact with the secondary target. By this interpretation, an individual may only charge a single enemy unit.
    I do not own a 4th ed. rulebook (they only have hardbacks here as of yet and they cost twice as much as elsewhere to boot) but this sounds like what I was going to say.

At least in 3rd ed. there were VERY strict (and almost universally ignored) rules on how to conduct a charge. The key thing was that models were moved one at a time and each had to charge the nearest unengaged enemy model by the most direct route possible.

There is no rule that says a one-model unit somehow loses the normal option of charging more than one unit, but as a matter of physics, it will not happen. You would need some kind of situation like two enemy models in two different squads standing right next to each other and being precisely as far away from the charging bug as each other. In theory this is possible but basically the answer is "no".

All of this is assuming that distance is quantum, and a spherical chicken.

Drake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Spherical chickens aside, they tend to lose there heads in a round about sort of way, that is where I was going. The application is for a winged Tyrant, they move FAST. So, in theory, I could do it, especially against my main opponent, Orks, (or IG), but, am I allowed to? I haven't even gone over the whole ethics/rules lawyering thing yet, 'cuz I doubt it will ever happen. I just like to know what others think/do. Gotta admit, it would REALLY mess your opponents battle line, 6 strenght six shots, followed up with being hit by one of the nastiest beasties in the game, which also ties up the nearest supporting unit. NASTY.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm 100% positive that you cannot charge more than one unit no matter how close they are to each other.

Believe me, I know your temptations here. I've wanted to do it so many times before myself that it makes me sick. It makes SENSE to be able to do that with something so large, but you have to charge one model with one model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast