MCs and invulnerable saves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCs and invulnerable saves

I am in California and my BGB is on Colorado so I need a little quick help
    I heard my friend over the phone tells me that MCs (now?) go through not only regular saves, but also ++ ones as well
    I could use a quick page number or FAQ update local for this rule Ive played forever and this doesnt sound right I just dont have the BGB in front of me
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Monstrous Creatures ignore only normal armour saves. Page 55 of the BGB.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Monstrous Creatures ignore only normal armour saves. Page 55 of the BGB.
    The only exception to this (that I can recall) is the Chaos Daemon Prince with the Mark of Khorne, Daemonic Stature, and the Dreadaxe. This is the only setup, in any army that I recall, that can ignore both normal and Invulnerable armour saves (when it comes to Monstrous Creatures).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks both of you, my friend had called me up because I think he got confused when playing vs. the Nightbringer. I told him it sounded bogus and told him i'd double check with you guys. I know the Nightbringer ignores all saves and I cant blame him because he doesnt play the Necron player often. My only hope is that the Necron player gets a vote of confidence and gets that waste of points vs. me (Eldar player).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Ah - I see. As Nemesis said, the Dreadaxe is a special way for Chaos to get a MC that ignores invulnerable saves (though, you didn't really need the Mark of Khorne). I didn't mention that earlier, as it's the Dreadaxe doing the ignoring, not the MC itself.

Same with the Nightbringer - although the Nightbringer is a MC that ignores all saves, invulnerable or normal, this is due to a special rule pertaining only to the Necron MCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

still not quite sure how anything can feasibly ignore the 4+ dodge (invul) save of my DE wyches...unless of course carrying a dread axe gives someone the ability to portent which direction the wych is going to be jumping when you swing it

whatever, rules are rules...honestly I'm just glad they gave wyches the invul save in the new codex
    My 40K Armies:
    ----------------
    - Thousand Sons
    - Mordian Imperial Guard

- TAU
    - Dark Eldar

My Fantasy Armies:
    ---------------------
    - Lhamian Vampire Counts
    - Empire

Junior Member emperors doombringers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ah - I see. As Nemesis said, the Dreadaxe is a special way for Chaos to get a MC that ignores invulnerable saves (though, you didn't really need the Mark of Khorne). I didn't mention that earlier, as it's the Dreadaxe doing the ignoring, not the MC itself.'

'Same with the Nightbringer - although the Nightbringer is a MC that ignores all saves, invulnerable or normal, this is due to a special rule pertaining only to the Necron MCs.

If this be true , then how does one defeat MC's such as these that ignore all normal and invulnerable saves?? 'this has to be wrong'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by emperors doombringers
    If this be true , then how does one defeat MC's such as these that ignore all normal and invulnerable saves?? 'this has to be wrong'
    You shoot 'em dead. Those special abilities only work in Close Combat - best to keep them at range and focus Heavy Weapons upon them. And being Monstrous Creatures, it's pretty hard to hide them from those Heavy Weapons.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Neferata
    still not quite sure how anything can feasibly ignore the 4+ dodge (invul) save of my DE wyches...unless of course carrying a dread axe gives someone the ability to portent which direction the wych is going to be jumping when you swing it

whatever, rules are rules...honestly I'm just glad they gave wyches the invul save in the new codex
    agreed, it should be a special dodge save not an invul save.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genestealers are good at it. Charge in 12 normal ones and the C'tan will lose 3 wounds in one turn.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast