Choosing targets in close combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choosing targets in close combat

In a Nids vs Chaos game last night, it came to my attention that I could not find where it said that a unit in close combat could choose what target they wished to fight. The specific instance is my unit of 10 tyranids were surrounded by a unit of havocs, terminators, a dreadnaught, and a demon prince. My opponent asked which unit I would be targeting, and I said I couldn't find where the rules allowed me to choose who to strike at. Please let me know if I am wrong, and if possible, site the source in the rules that I can refer to. Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Page 45 of the BGB has the rules your looking for. It even gives you a diagram laying out which models can attack.

are
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple: Each model must attack one of the units it is in base-to-base contact with. Models not in BtB get to choose which unit in BtB with a model from this unit it will attack.

+ Reply to Thread