Guy Needs Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Guy Needs Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i would take say a power weapon, bolt pistol, and a charge, and the guy has 3 base attacks. 3 attacks would ignore armor saves, but what about the 2 extra attacks from the bolt pistol and the charging. Will they ignore armour save?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Short answer: Yes.

All attacks are made with the same weapon. Imagine it like this: He uses the bolt pistol to distract his opponent, thus giving him the chanceto strike again with the power weapon.

This is implied in the precise special weapon rules on BBB page 66. They don't deal with special attacks, but with abilities which are given to the model in general. Since it's a general ability of the mode to ignore armour saves if it has a power weapon (and uses it), ALL attacks benefit of this.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, unless the item gives its own rules on attack. The cool thing you can do with this as well is CHOOSE which weapon you'll be attacking with, and you get all your attacks that way.

Now, I would also say that you could split your attacks between the weapons as well. And I would say that you could also split your attacks between different models with different weapons if you're a character model (as per the rules that say precisely that in the rule book). So you could use 3 attacks of your power-klaw against a big-nastly, and use your choppa against something else (for god knows what-ever reason). But still, its doable.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem with a using a power claw and a power weapon is that the power weapon strikes first and the power claw has and must strike last, unless facing an opponent with a powerfist or powerclaw with lower initiative than you.

When charging and using two weapons you always get the weapon bonus on all attacks you make, exception for this if you model, if in a group that is, fails to reach base contact.
    In that case he only gets one attack and with no bonus at all.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Thanks

Closed Thread