Marine Traits for my HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marine Traits for my HQ

Hi all, great to write here after a long time just reading.

So I was in my local store a few days back playing a little Combat Patrol when my opponent said that as my Chaplin did not have 'Trust Your Battle Brother' none of the squad he had joined could use 'True Grit' or 'Counter Assult'. Is this ture?

It also raised a load of other questions for me. Such as can my Commander take Trust Your Battle Brother' if he is part of a Command Squad with it? What about if he begins the battle with a Tacticle Squad? Etc, etc....

I've read back through the rules but am never very good at nuances, help would be appreciated. Agreement with my view that if a Marine Character pays the points and is in a squad with the skill it is OK.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IC's are considered part of their Command Squad so if you buy True Grit/Counter-Attack for a Command Squad then you are also buying it for the Chaplain (in this case).

If your Chaplain does not have a Command Squad then he cannot take True Grit/Counter-Attack and there will be some conflict if he joins a unit that does have those skills. According to the Universal Special Rules on page 74-76 of the BGB, True Grit is retained by the unit but Counter-Attack is lost. Neither ability may be conferred upon the Chaplain.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the chaplain joins the unit then they can not use counter attack but true grit continues to function.

If the chaplain was in a command squad I think it would be possible for him to have true grit and counter attack, but he's better off with a bolt pistol. He should be charging into assault afterall.
    I can read now!

+ Reply to Thread