Tyrnnid Mines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyrnnid Mines

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Tyrnnid Mines

What templates do they use? My friend has been using Bio-Acid mines and the big template. I was looking up in his codex and there is nothing that says anything about using a big blast template...

It gets very fustrating when your half-heartedly playing Space Marines -_-..

Also, a mine shot from a biovore lands directly on top of a tank, what armor does it roll against?

~ Rape the churches and burn the women!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

It uses the small template. Frag and Poison mines used the large template in the old codex, but the new one has all mines using the small one.

The standard rules for barage weapons should apply for mines hitting vehicles. The armour that is hit should be the side facing the Biovore unless the mine missed the vehicle. If the mine misses the vehicle, but still explodes and the tank is within the blast radius, the side it does damage to is the side facing the centre of the blast.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Alright. Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, your friend is probably in denial about the fact that biovores have been rendered useless in 4th ed.

*puts hands on either side of eyes" hear no evil see no evil hear no evil see no evil biovores still use the large template the codex doesn't say what template they use it must be the large template it has always been the large template they would be useless with the small template hear no evil see no evil...

Drake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Well, I personally don't see why GW had to do that to Biovores. They were definitely powerful before, but cost at least 50 points each and had a rather large scatter.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Few more questions! Do the biovores need to pick a target, or can they shoot the mines at any location?

Also, does anyone know of any particular pages that might be used as referance? If not I can just argue the new Tyrnnid codex says nothing other than they're heavy weapons, so they must use the small template.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Page 29 of the codex describes their detonation. It says to place a Blast Marker over the mine to represent the explosion. "Blast Marker" always refers to the small one unless otherwise noted. The large template is usually refered to as the "Large Blast Marker" or "Ordnance Blast Marker" or something like that.

As for where they can target, the codex says the Biovore fires as a barrage weapon. Later it says that one should use a Spore Mine model to depict where the mine lands. Quite honestly, I take this to mean that it fires exactly like a normal barrage weapon except that if the mine doesn't land in such a way that it explodes, it's placed on the board as a model. As such, Biovores cannot simply shoot anywhere. They must follow the same rules as any other barrage weapon.

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread