Possible Xeno Mounts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Xeno Mounts

I was thinking of using the Yeld Spyrers from the Necromunda range as Xeno-Mounts for my IG army:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...GameNav=300808

Now, I know they're not technically mounted on anything, but hear me out...

The wings would allow them to glide short distances (giving the same movement as a mounted rider).
    The armored wings would give them a better armor save as hits glance off of the wings instead of their spines (giving them the +1 armour save normally granted by a mount's thick hide).
    The edges of the wings are razor sharp, slicing the enemy apart as they move through combat (explaining the extra S4 attack that is normally the "bite" of a xeno-mount).

What do you guys think, is this idea too far off the wall?

The reason, by the way, that I'm putting it in the rules forum was because I wanted to geta feel of what non-IG players though about the figures being used as a xeno-mount squad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

it's definetly a idea but rather than use the yeld, why not go whole hog and convert, pegasi with bionic wings?

this would solve all your problems and still allow you the xenos feel to it.

but if this isnt an option then id not see too much of a problem with it as long as you clearly let your opponent know what they can do.

the other thing is id say that this should be a 0-1 choice for your army and an elite choice not a fast choice, and they should be around 22 points per model, as for their weapon options i'd say that they would be equiped with frag, krak, melta bombs, and cc weapons

but this is just my oppinion
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I figured as long as I let my opponent know what it was he was up against it would be cool. I just like using existing stuff in new, original ways.

+ Reply to Thread