Master Crafter Weaponry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Crafter Weaponry

Alright, this seems too good to be true.

In the IG codex it says that the cost of the MC upgrade is used for the models wargear total, but not the actual upgraded item's original cost, thus you would take the x points for the upgrade against the wargear limit, but not the cost of the power weapon (for example).

Now (I have to use algebra so as not to break any rules):

Master Crafter upgrade cost = X
    Power Fist normal cost = X+5

It seems to good to be true to receive a MC Power Fist and only have X points count against your wargear instead of the X+5 points you would normally use just to get it.

Now I understand the ACTUAL cost in regards to your build total would be X+(X+5), but as far as wargear limits go, I find it hard to believe I'm not just missing something...?

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... and plasma misfires...

I forgot one, as well...

Just to clarify, if a plasma gunner gets a misfire/overheat, I assume you have to remove the model that was using the gun, and not any other model. This is assuming the gun explodes and destroys itself along with the guy using it...

or am i wrong and it simply roasts the user but another squad member picks it up when it cools down and starts firing again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Nope, the rule specifically states that the model with the gun is the one that takes the wound. If it said that the squad takes a wound, then you could allocate it somewhere else, perhaps assuming in the fluff that someone else picks up the gun, but I gues the existing rules assume that the gun is either damaged beyond repair or is simply forgotten. *shrugs*
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

For MC (x) you only pay for the upgrade against your wargear limit so,

For instance if you had 100 points of wargear (y) + Mc your models points would be:
    base cost of model + y+ X

So a 75 point model can actually cost over 175 points. easy.

As for overheating only the model that suffers a wound as a result of 'gets hot', fails their save (assuming they only have 1 wound) dies and is removed as a casaulty. It MUST be the user of the weapon.

+ Reply to Thread