Cover Saves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Cover Saves

Y2K
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover Saves

Hi all,
    I understand the cover saving/armour saving rules but according to the rulebook (4th edition I think) it states that you can either have the Cover Saving throw OR the Armour Saving throw, whichever is better. But there's not too much logic in that is there? (In My Opinion) because if a situation is to occur in real life then you would be getting both saves.

RG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

because if a situation is to occur in real life then you would be getting both saves.
    -Y2K

I don't think "saves" exist in the real world...though it would look quite funny with them gigant dice coming tumbling from the sky

I don't share your problem on the cover saves, I think it's good as it is. I like to roll the dice as much as my fellow general but see no point in doing it too much.

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it does make sense it would stuff up the game something chronic. Everyone wouldnt move out of terrian at all, people would be confused,, etc...

Personally I think it is fine the way it is
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

whilst in the real world this probably would be true, in game terms it would basically be seen as the same as fantasy's ward save there you get to have first your armour save then your ward save.

but the difference here is that this is a 'free save' whereas with the fantasy one you pay points for it either from the base cost or from your characters availiable armoury points.

and terrain works more like 2nd ed 40k in fantasy.

this way a ork who has bs 2 has a chance to hit something in the game otherwise his opponent would sit in hard cover all the time and the ork player would need 7's to hit his unit, and on a 6 sided dice 7s are a rather hard thing to get, though not impossible.

but in my oppinion this is one of the better cannons of 40k one save against one wound.

and this really speeds up the game play, which can only be a good thing.
    Last edited by Decado; December 9th, 2005 at 10:36.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you actually only get one save ( the better of the two or three saves, depending if you have an invalve ). I think the whole giant die coming down from the sky idea is rather realistic ( lol ).
    Ahhhhhhhh, what the hell is that?
    Ummmmmmm, Sir I believe it's a Hive Tyrant.

are
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K
    Hi all,
    I understand the cover saving/armour saving rules but according to the rulebook (4th edition I think) it states that you can either have the Cover Saving throw OR the Armour Saving throw, whichever is better. But there's not too much logic in that is there? (In My Opinion) because if a situation is to occur in real life then you would be getting both saves.
    You understand the rule correctly. It is not meant to be realistic. I hope you don't think WH40K is a realistic game. It is playable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

logic or not, this isn't so much of a rules question as a rant about whether it's a good idea or not.

*closed*

Closed Thread