Question about losing synapse while in CC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

Question about losing synapse while in CC

Apparently, in the 3rd ed. Codex, whenever a tyranid lost synapse, you rolled on a chart to determine its behavior.

However, in the 4th ed. Codex (the one I have) I can't find this "chart". It only states options such as lurking, moving towards the nearest synapse creature or table edge, etc.

My question is say a bunch of gaunts get into cc and are locked. Then between that turn and the next it loses synapse. Will the gaunts continue to swing, or will they fall back? Does it require a leadership check? If they do fall back is it towards a synapse creature? What if the nearest synapse creature isn't "in back" but to the side or even in front.

Just looking for clarifications on this since the codex seems to be lacking (or maybe just my understanding).

2. Remove Advertisements

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Instinctive Behaviour is now only relevant if the unit wishes to move in the movement phase. Since moving in the movement phase is impossible while locked in close combat, you don't have to worry about it.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

+ Reply to Thread