Ulthwe Strike Force Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulthwe Strike Force Question

It States In The Codex That No Vehicles Can Fit Through The Wraithgate Except Some Smaller Ones. Why Then Is A Wave Serpent Still An Option For An Aspect Unit? I Am Assuming You Can Start It On The Table Rather Than Starting In Reserve. Also What Are The Rules Involving Infiltration Of Troops Who Have A Transport As Part Of Their Unit. Can They Infiltrate If They Are Not Starting The Game In A Transport? I Also Assume They Can Never Infiltrate If Starting In A Transport.
    Thanks For Any Answers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Why are you capitalising every word? :ninja:

Read the Light Infantry rule in the USF rules - this specifies what vehicles are allowed in the army.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did. but the games workshop software still allows transports to be picked. so i am wondering if there are exceptions for transports. and what about my other questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

the rules for units with transports goes as follows;

What Are The Rules Involving Infiltration Of Troops Who Have A Transport As Part Of Their Unit. Can They Infiltrate If They Are Not Starting The Game In A Transport?

if you buy a transport option for them then they loose the ability to infiltrate, whether or not they start the game inside it.
    this is the same for every army out there.

I Am Assuming You Can Start It On The Table Rather Than Starting In Reserve.
    yes you choose which of your forces starts 'inside the waygate'.

It States In The Codex That No Vehicles Can Fit Through The Wraithgate Except Some Smaller Ones. Why Then Is A Wave Serpent Still An Option For An Aspect Unit?

no definitive answer for you but probably because it's the only transport option for the 6+ eldar squad size.

but as it's availiable in the list then there is no rule to stop you keeping this in reserve.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KYKK
    i did. but the games workshop software still allows transports to be picked.
    Oh...software. Now it becomes clear. Only ever trust the codex - I can't comment on IAL, but I assume it at least has the general rules for the USF present somewhere in it (you'd hope).

Based on reading the codex, that sounds like a bug to me. The codex clearly states the vehicles you are limited to. The wave serpent is not one of those, I'm afraid.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

yup rorks right (found my codex)

only vypers and war walkers can be in the strike force.
    WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Please never trust the GW software. Although it is there to help you in list construction, often the software developers have left things out. This is a perfect example. I ran into this where i play and a kid dropped the falcon out of a gate in a mega battle and WW3 blew up on a otherwise nice day.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread