Leaders Joining Fearless Units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I am inducting some grey knights into my space wolf army, I was wondering if it is possible for my wolf lord to join them. If it is, will the whole unit become fearless including the wolf lord, or will they lose their fearless ability all together. I'm about 75% sure that my lord is unable to join them, but I'm not sure. Thhanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the joining (allied) unit is part of the same army (forge org list) the IC can join the unit. If you field two different armies, each one using their own force org listing, then no, even if they are playing in the same "side". So if your Grey Knights are allowed to be part of the same force organization according to their rules for joining other armies, then yes you can use an IC for the other part of the army to join them.

As far as fearless, the best clarification comes from the on line FAQ
    <quote>
    "8. If a Fearless character has joined a unit that is not Fearless and subsequently falls back, the Independent Character must fall back with it. If a Fearless unit is joined by a non-Fearless character then the unit must take Morale tests and will fall back if the character does."

Essentially, unless special rules state otherwise, the fearless ability does not transfer from one to the other, and if either flee, then they all go.

Closed Thread