Disembarking Troops - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i move my dark eldar raider no more than 12 inches in the movement step, and then disembark my troops onboard, can they make an assault on an enemy unit during the assault phase?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you may disembark and assault. Consult the rule book and codex for specifics on fleet of foot, distances for disembarking, shooting, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright thanx, my rulebook was kinda confusing me on that sort of stuff. It never said anywhere that they could disembark and then assault...but i never found anything that said that they couldnt either. Anyhow, thanx for clearing me up on that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right there. One thing about the rulebook is you must keep the sections separate. Since vehicle movement and disembarking are in the movement section (and phase) they don't have any bearing on assault unless it specifically says so. So as long as you comply with the movement rules, and nothing says anything about affecting assault, then the assault phase is resolved as normal. Each section is like that. A real pain, but that's GW rules writing for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright thanx man, but now i got a new question, i know that as shooting is concerned, troops in an open topped vehicle count the movement they made while riding as if they themselves were running (so someone with a Heavy weapon cannot shoot if their transport has moved), but im using a dark eldar raider, and i move it 12 inches and then disembark, could i still shoot at someone with my Assault weapons or Rapid Fire (the Rapid Fire weapons only being able to shoot at half their efficiency of course)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either disembarking or being in a vehicle that moves makes the troops inside count as moving. So you can shoot, but as you pointed out, no heavy weapons. Also no rapid fire since you cannot rapid fire if you have moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if you have the new tank rules, but in them it changes transports so you cant assault the turn you disembark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the Trial Vehicle Rules, you can assault from Raiders because they are open topped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend not getting too attached to anything in the Trial Vehicle Rules. They are full of problems. For example, how does the LR Crusader's frag launchers work if you can't assault on the turn you disembark, and others. Try them out if you want, but don't base any plans on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure its just a first draft and that they will come out with a "fixed" version shortly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast