Can A Wraithlord Capture A Table Quarter? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly what the topic says. Can a Wraithlord capture a table quarter in Cleanse?

IG since '95.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should it not?

If I am not completely wrong the rules for cleanse mission clearly state that units under half strength and transports may not take table corners. Neither can swarms of any kind... as these are either too small to have any power or thye just simply run around screaming or something.

But I am not sure about one thing... is the wraithlord counted as an independent character?
    If he is, then he may not take tablecorners. This is also stated in the rules.

Should I be way wrong here, could anyone correct me? At least we will all know the correct answer in the end.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. It isn't a vehicle, unit of infantry (in this case meaning more than one), bikes, or cavalry, but GW does give it some of the characteristics of a Dread (don't swing last with DCCW) even though it doesn't have a vehicle stat line. It's not a character, but does seem a lot like one. Nothing in the FAQ helps with this either.

It doesn't say it is infantry, but it does have an infantry stat line, and none of the rules of an IC. I could be convincd to consider is an infantry unit of one. How about an infantry unit of one Obliterator? That can claim a corner. In this case you can ONLY take one for the unit. Although Obliterators could be argued as having the capability of being a unit of more than one.

I would agree that it is infantry, having the stats, rules, write-up, etc of one, just a unit with a maximum of one. So I would say yes, it can claim a corner. Just my opinion, but I can't find anything that disqualifies it.

To save arguement, I'd bring it up before the battle with my opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To save arguement, I'd bring it up before the battle with my opponent." A good idea but any Eldar player will argue that it can claim quarters because it is in their best interests. I am more interested in whether or not it actually has that ability.

Does anyone happen to know the actual answer?

Thanks for the feedback though guys.
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to agree with WolfRaider. If it COULDN'T hold table quarters, it would say so in its description, ie, Biovores and Zoenthropes specifically state that they can't hold table quarters.

There are many instances of infantry units of size 1, and in all cases they are treated like a full infantry unit unless the rules specifically state otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Yep, it can. It might be a lonely thing, but anything that doesn't have IC status or some special rule for it (like Nurglings) can capture quarters etc.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although it may be different in some respects due to being &#39;alive&#39;, a Wraithlord is an Eldar Dreadnought. Therefore, it can capture table quarters just like any other dreadnought, AFAIK. Unless I remember incorrectly, the same applies to similar big stompies like the Avatar and Tyranid Monstrous Creatures, but I&#39;m open to correction on that one.

Majere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more little piece of support in case your opponent tries to fight it. GW definitely considers them to be units, as referenced in the FAQ:

12. It is permissible for an Independent Character to join a unit consisting of a single Wraithlord or Talos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Thanks guys.

Now im really scared of Wraithlords&#33; It cannot be immobilised and cannot be reduced to half strength =/
    IG since &#39;95.

Closed Thread