Falling Back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Falling Back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i sneak some troops into my enemy's deployment zone, engage them in close combat, win, and cause them to fall back, do they fall back into their deplyment zone (and also into my troops) and get slaughtered, or do they fall back towards my side of the board, which in this case would be away from my troops?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i guess this means that no one has any idea on the ruling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the units's fall back corridor goes through a enemy unit.
    then the crossfire engages.

the unit that's falling back is dead, or if you are space marines, it wil be counted as a sweeping advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok if he falls back he falls back towards his table edge( some missions might designate another fall back zone). You will wipe him out from cross fire if the following is met:

1. You have an unengaged( not in hth) unit inside enemies fall back corridor ( look in rulebook to see how to tell what a units fall back corridor is).

2. The unit that falls back, falls back enough inches to meet the unengaged unit.

______________________Table Edge____________________________________

O O O O
    l -7 inches
    X X X X - falls back 7 inches and meets the enemy unit behind so is destroyed by crossfire.
    O O O O

( O=your guys, X= his guys )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The unit that did the attacking cannot cause crossfire. They are considered one swirling mass regarless of the actual model placement. They still fall back to their deployment zone.

Also, if the two units roll, one for fall back and one for chase, and the chasers don't catch them, they are placed the difference in rolls apart. For example, of the fleeing unit rolls 5" and the followers roll 3" they end up 2" apart. It doesn't matter that you may have had models 2" further in the direction the loosers ran, they do not get to use their position to "catch" the enemy even though moving the actual models would keep them in contact with the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx WolfRaider, you answered my question perfectly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a chasing unit rolls higher than the fleeing units flee roll then they stay in hth. If the chasing unit rolls equal to or lower than the fleeing units roll then the fleeing unit falls back how ever many inches they rolled on the flee roll and the chaser gets to consolidate. this can be found on page 128 of the CA 2004

I am not sure if thats what you were saying wolfraider.... your response confused me, but im a easy person to confuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Warhawk101@Nov 28 2003, 23:42
    If a chasing unit rolls higher than the fleeing units flee roll then they stay in hth. If the chasing unit rolls equal to or lower than the fleeing units roll then the fleeing unit falls back how ever many inches they rolled on the flee roll and the chaser gets to consolidate. this can be found on page 128 of the CA 2004

I am not sure if thats what you were saying wolfraider.... your response confused me, but im a easy person to confuse.
    I was refering to the basic rules in the main book. You are talking about the Trial Assault Rules (TAR) from Chapter Approved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah i just relized when i made that post and the post in that other thread about assaulting, i was being stupid and forgot to ask and specify what i meant.

Sorry about that.

Closed Thread