Taking Casualties - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok im playing and my emporers champian and a squad thatrs with him are in assult my emporers champ has only 1 wound left if my opponent makes the squad my champs with take a wound would i have to take the champ since you take whole models where ever possible or can i take anyone since they all have 1 remaining wound including the champian

just wondering cos i was argueing with sum 1 about it i personaly think i can take the wound anywhere since they all have 1 wound remaining even if the champian only has half of his wounds remaining

<span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on a number of things.

1. are you using the rules from the rulebook or the trial ones?

2. is the model that makes the attack within 2 inches of the champion?
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can take any single wound model you like. The rules state only that you have to remove whole models when possible. They do not say you have to remove wounded models first. Removing a whole troop meets that requirement.

That of course is assuming the Champ and a troop are legal targets. As kommissar karls kadians pointed out, the Champ may be the only legal target, or may not even be a legal target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as i said depends which rules he playing by.

the TAR say that the champion can be targeted seperately. if he is a legal target (so base to base or within 2inchs)

i would have to check on the normal rules. i dont know the TAR that well. i play shooty armies as most people know so i dont often deal with assault.

so which rules dead monkeys cry?
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was TAR since thats all i play and everything was a leagl target i had 3 models including the champ in base to base with a lictor
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression independent characters could be picked out in assault. So if he attacked the champ then he would have to take the wound. I may be wrong though. Can someone confirm that you can pick out independent characters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please correct me if Im wrong.
    Independant characters can be picked out if they are in base to base (exceeding wounds are lost so the unit cant be wounded).

Aspiring champions are a part of the unit and therefore cannot be picked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the TAR it would work like this.....

Roll attacks Vs. the MAJORITY W.S.

Determine if all the models in the "danger zone " have the same toughness.
    If yes, roll to wound, defending player takes casualties as he wishes, Base to Base models first.
    If no, attacking player assigns hits, no more than one per model till ALL models in the "danger zone" have at least one each, then assigning a second hit to each, until all models have 2 hits. Repeat till all hits have been assigned.

Roll to wound.

Take saves.

Remove casualties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait i am correct. Your opponent can choose to attack the Emporers champion. Enemies in base to base with an independent character can choose to attack the character, even if the character joined a squad. So if he attacked your emporers champion then the wound would have to go on him. You can find the rules on page 131 in the CA 2004. Now if the champ was not an independent character then you would work it out how Lordhat explained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TAR states that independant characters are treated as own units in CC.
    Which means that they can be picked out.

Closed Thread