Close Combat With Acolytes & Inquisitor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close Combat With Acolytes & Inquisitor

Is there a specific way of allocating hits in close combat? I was reading on the GW website about an Inquisitor an his acolytes. Inquisitors can have any hits transferred to his acolytes, right? But in what situation are they actually inflicted on the inquisitor alone?

I'll quote what I'm talking about, just to be clear:

Defensively, this Inquisitor is very strong, as aside from his 4+ Invulnerable save in close combat, any hits can be transferred to an Acolyte. Each of these chaps has a 4+ Invulnerable save in close combat. The enemy makes their attacks, which are countered by the Inquisitor or his storm shield Acolytes.
    Is it just when say an acolyte isnt engaged in CC that this applies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I think so, or when they are all dead. I suppose it would work in a similar way to the 'nid Tyrant guard or tau drones, only this is in CC...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The inquisitor is an independent character, and can thus be picked out by enemy models in contact with him (instead of all attacks being allocated to the unit).

So if a space marine sergeant attacks your inquisitor with a power fist and scores one wound - you can either save the wound on the inquisitor's own inv. save, or allocate the hit to one of the acolytes to save instead.

Any wound suffered by any means can be transferred to an acolyte (as long as he hasn't dropped dead already )

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Basically, all the rule says is that if an Inquisitor suffers a wound, he may transfer it to the Acolyte; only one wound may be transferred to each Acolyte per turn. It does not specify that they must be engaged in CC; it simply says that you may relocate the wound to them instead of the Inquisitor.

However, I'm not sure where that 4+ Invulnerable save comes in.. probably, though, from the wargear that they are given. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

The answer has pretty much been summed up already but I thought i'd just make it clear that the inquisitor has to transfer the wound BEFORE any saves are taken, he can't take a save against a wound, fail it, and then decide the acolyte takes it. He has to allocate first and then the acolyte can take any saves they may have against it.

I know it seems obvious but some people just aren't to keen on following the rules or even reading them properly.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

+ Reply to Thread