40mm Base ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40mm Base ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure where to put this post so i'll put it here. o.k this may be a dumb question but can i put a normal sized 25mm (i think thats the size) space marine figure on one of the larger bases you can buy from forge World i think its the 40mm ones or does this interfere with the rules ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgeworld also sells 25mm. But before you commit, take a look at the Epicast bases. My REVIEW of both.

I got them from The War Store for US$4.05

As far as how the interfere with the rules; Your enemy will be able to get more troops in base to base with you. You will have difficulty fitting them within the 2" deployment zone after disembarking, and if your deepstrike touches some of the enemy, you will also have problems fitting them onto the template for the deepstrike. You will also have larger gaps between models. Your opponent may complain that you block more LOS due to the larger bases. You will not be able to get as many of your troops into base to base.

All in all I would recommend keeping 25mm bases for rank and file troops, and the 40mm for terminators and heroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for that help WolfRaider. I think I might stick with the 25mm bases after all the advantages my enemy can get over me <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey hey hey. but are we allowed to use the bigger bases&#33;? because some of my converted chaos GK termies dont fit on the little bases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to rules as I understand, larger bases are reserved for larger models, dreadnoughts, monsterous creatures, etc...GK termies are one of those allowed to have a larger base, but I dont think you can put just ANY troop on a larger base....
    &lt;center&gt;
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg&quot; border=0&gt;
    &lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;/center&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know there is no rule requiring any specific size base for any model other than a demon lord in the new Chaos codex. If anyone knows of one they can point it out. I&#39;ve seen plenty of dreads with the older square base, or no base at all, at tourneys, and termies on several sizes of bases. Never any complaint one way or the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK termies are on big bases though, and rumor is that all Termis should be in the future...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is one of those things that they leave up to the players, rather than make official rules about bases, so that people can be as creative as they liek in modeling, without having to worrk about the constraints of a base limiting what they can do....I plan on buying Daemons for fantasy, putting them on square regiment bases, and using them in 40K as well....no rules anywhere to say I cant...but if I play an opponent that uses a dreadnought or somethign similar without a base, I just agree how far around them is b2b contact before hand...usually a 3" template works nicely for this...
    &lt;center&gt;
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg&quot; border=0&gt;
    &lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;/center&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there are some restrictions for some models, like any model that has demonic statue should always be based on a 40mm base.

and...since you measure from the edge of the base, things like unit cohearancy and range is in consideration to...it is 15mm/2 = 7.5 mm longer distance from one model to the next if you change from 25mm to 40mm bases....specialy when we talk UC, this can have a enormous effect on things like ornanance weapons..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After putting my most recent characters on 40mm bases, I decided the coolness factor outweighs the disadvantages in combat. I intend to put all my characters and terminators on 40mm bases from now on.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast