Tournament rules of wysiwyg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Tournament rules of wysiwyg

I understand the necessity for strictness in Tournaments when it comes to wysiwyg.

How does that apply to daemonic flight?

Must I model my daemonic statured Prince as having wings or jetpacks?

If that's the case I will just give him daemonic speed assuming that he doesn't need to have that modelled also.

Does extra armor or mutated hull need to be modelled for Tournaments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

It all depends on the Tournament and your opponents, but yeah, you've picked some rather obvious upgrades. It's easy to say there's an Auspex in that belt pouch, or that different colored chainsword is counting as a power weapon, or even that the bolt/laspistol on a model is counting as a Las/Bolt Pistol. So long as you clarify it ahead of time you ought to be fine.

Daemonic Flight could potentially be assumed that he can just kinda float himself around, but that's shaky at best. It's greatly preferable to have some sort of flying device on the model. Similarly, Extra Armor implies that extra armor has been added over the normal armor, and Mutated Hull implies that the hull has mutated into something different and undoubtedly creepy.

If you're looking at hacking up a finished model to make this work, go talk to the Tourney organizers just to make absolutely sure you can't simply use what you have and explain the differences to your opponents. You don't really want to have to tear up your work if you don't have to, eh?
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    I understand the necessity for strictness in Tournaments when it comes to wysiwyg.

How does that apply to daemonic flight?

Must I model my daemonic statured Prince as having wings or jetpacks?

If that's the case I will just give him daemonic speed assuming that he doesn't need to have that modelled also.

Does extra armor or mutated hull need to be modelled for Tournaments?
    IMO, as a general rule if there are bits that specifically accomodate the WYSIWYG then they should be put on.

However, when it comes to other upgrades, I would not insist my opponent had to have them in a tourney. Trust me that if you were extremely nitpicky about such things in a tourney, your sportsmanship score would go down the tubes (as your hopes to place well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

As mentioned, first and foremost talk to the organizers.

All the mentioned items should be modeled, and 90% of upgrades are easy to model. Just check the back of the bgb for some ideas.

As to being marked down, they wouldn't get to score you as they would be disqualified, plain and simple there.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread