Far Seer ?'s - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Seer ?'s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far Seer ?'s

So I just had my behind handed to me by 2000 points of Ulthwe'. BTY 1000 of that was wraith lords and council. I guess it was not that bad since it took 5 turns to phase. Anyway...

Two questions

1. Are Farseer's IC's. Most other 3 wound guys are....

2. Fortune and rune armor. Rune armor is an invulnerable save. But the stupid last line of the entry in the Eldar codex say "rune armor save". SOOOO this dude was rerolling all his invulnerables save because "Fortune" allow his unit to re-roll armor saves. Dirty?

What is the deal? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

There's a bit of an oddity about Farseers. . . They're normally independant characters, but when in a Seer Council the matter gets wierd. You see, for the purposes of the Ulthwe Strike Force, the entry for the Seer Council apparently replaces the entry for Farseers in Codex: Eldar. In the entry for the Seer Council, it makes no mention of the Farseers being independant characters. As such, it does seem that they are only independant characters when not in an Ulthwe Strike Force army.

EDIT: As for the bit about re-rolling invulnerable saves, the rules are a bit ambiguous about this. On one hand, one could say that normal saves are terms armour saves and that invulnerable saves are a separate type of non-armour save. However, on at least one occasion the rulebook does use the term "invulnerable armour save" in reference to invulnerables saves, implying that they are a type of armour save.
    Last edited by Ostsol; January 15th, 2006 at 08:40.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The Eldar codex states...Unless the Farseers are accompanied by a warlock bodyguard then they are an independant character.

2. Eldar FAQ states Fortune applies to invulnerable saves also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakel
    1. The Eldar codex states...Unless the Farseers are accompanied by a warlock bodyguard then they are an independant character.
    as tehy said, Ulthwe does not use the codex entry for a farseer, it is replaced by the Seer council, on the other hand, clearly in the seer council he is accompanied, wo however you clice it, they aint ICs in a seer council, certainly in close combat, it would be bizare not to carry hits over

2. Eldar FAQ states Fortune applies to invulnerable saves also.
    [/quote]
    True
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Well, Jakel is correct, though, in that even a vanilla Farseer with Warlock bodyguard also loses his IC status. It must make it a real ***** to kill him in close combat. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Well, Jakel is correct, though, in that even a vanilla Farseer with Warlock bodyguard also loses his IC status. It must make it a real ***** to kill him in close combat. . .
    Independent characters with a retinue still count as a separate unit for targeting in close combat.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Normally that is true. An independant character is always an independant character regardless of the squad he is attached to. However, this case is an exception. The Eldar codex specifically states that the Farseer loses his independant character status if accompanied by a Warlock bodyguard.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independent characters with a retinue still count as a separate unit for targeting in close combat.
    The eldar codex states that if he has a warlock bodyguard he is no longer an independant character. He is not an IC with a retinue like in most other codexes, he loses the IC status. There is no change in this in the Eldar FAQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Eh. . . Actually, I'm going to have to retract my agreement. . . Looking some of the other codices from the 3rd Edition ruleset, they all say their respective ICs lose their independant character status when accompanied by a bodyguard. I didn't notice that before. It appears to have been the standard 3rd Edition way of preventing ICs from leaving their retinues.

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Eh. . . Actually, I'm going to have to retract my agreement. . . Looking some of the other codices from the 3rd Edition ruleset, they all say their respective ICs lose their independant character status when accompanied by a bodyguard. I didn't notice that before. It appears to have been the standard 3rd Edition way of preventing ICs from leaving their retinues.
    I concur, after looking at.
    • Dark Eldar
    • Eldar
    • Orks
    • Blood Angles
    • Dark Angles
    • Chaos Space Marines (old one)
    • Space Marines ( old one)
    • Space wolves
    • Necron
    • Tau
    I supose that in a technical, fully logical reading of the rules, he dose lose the independant character status, but logicly most IC's would end up getting this little bonus as well.

Well actually, everybody pretty much can logicly loose their IC status by taking a "bodyguard", "Retinue", "Honor Guard", whatever. Well, actually, every army thats in need of an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast