The Gun Cant See Me!?!?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gun Cant See Me!?!?!

As we all know, your shootin a plasma gun...and your hand melts into molten slag. This may seem like a dumb question, but my IG army fields a lot of plasma guns and uses cover so....

CAN YOU USE A COVER SAVE TO PREVENT THE WOUND FROM A PLASMA GUN OVER-HEATING?

Also, my friends were playing a game, and my buddy was making high use of Heavy Bolter Sponsens. When the tank was facing directly at a model his opponent argued that both sponsens couldnt see him. Sure enough, the model was too small and too close for both sponsens to be pointed directly at him, since they cant bend inward. My other question is...

IF A TANK IS FACING DIRECTLY AT A MODEL/UNIT WOULD BOTH WEAPON SPONSENS BE ALLOWED TO SEE THEM GIVEN NOTHING ELSE IS IN THE WAY?

"In the battle of Trechamov VII they became ghosts. They're strength was already steel." - The Regiment of Death , author unknown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by koth31
    CAN YOU USE A COVER SAVE TO PREVENT THE WOUND FROM A PLASMA GUN OVER-HEATING?
    It doesn't actually say, but I'd think that common sense would apply: no you cannot take a cover save. Normal saves work just fine, though.

IF A TANK IS FACING DIRECTLY AT A MODEL/UNIT WOULD BOTH WEAPON SPONSENS BE ALLOWED TO SEE THEM GIVEN NOTHING ELSE IS IN THE WAY?
    Line of sight with vehicles is measured from the axis of the weapon. If no line of sight can be drawn from that axis to the target, it cannot hit it. Also, the vehicle can block it its own weapons. There is actually a picture showing this on page 64 of the rulebook
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you
    "In the battle of Trechamov VII they became ghosts. They're strength was already steel." - The Regiment of Death , author unknown.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As for the overheating Plasma Gun thingy...

You can only take cover saves against shooting attacks. Right? Right. An overheating Plasma Gun is not a shooting attack - it is an overheating Plasma Gun, and it has its own rules, which are detailed in the rulebook. So, putting two and two together, no cover saves are allowed, but it states in the rules that a normal armour save may be taken.

Hope that is a suitable enough answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't Use So Many Capital Letters.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid
    Don't Use So Many Capital Letters.
    And don't make pointless posts. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, please, refrain from posting in it. Thanks.

I'd like to request a mod to close this thread, as the questions have been answered correctly.

+ Reply to Thread