Assault And Overun? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Plz if anyone can clarify this:
    with standard rules, you can consolidate 3" or advance.... but now ive heard that new rules exist for assault that add overun. Overun happens if you eliminate all opposing figures of a squad the same turn you come into base contact with them. This being done overun lets you move 2D6" more @ the end of the assult move.

Can anyone clarify consolidation, advancing and if it exists, overun?

Thanks

-HyperX

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking about TAR, the new rule is that if your advance distance is greater than the fallback distance, the unit falling back takes one round of full attacks in which all of them instantly hit - you just roll to wound. At that point if any models are left they move the fallback distance shown on the dice and your unit may consolidate.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Morpheus01@Dec 5 2003, 17:38
    If you are talking about TAR, the new rule is that if your advance distance is greater than the fallback distance, the unit falling back takes one round of full attacks in which all of them instantly hit - you just roll to wound.
    That's an outdated version of the TAR, v2 if i remember correctly. This part of the rules has been changed again in the final CA version.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the current TAR, there is a rule for totally destroying the enemy unit, but it is not anoything to do with an additional move. Look under 'Determine Assault Results' "Wipe Out!" Make sure you use the TAR published in the Chapter Approved. They are different from the versions that were available on line, one important aspect was pointed out by Archon Astaroth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

ok... sounds good!
    but this might sound noobish but... whats TAR??

lol i know i know

-HyperX
    I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trial Assault Rules. They are a set of rules originally published on line for evaluation. They went through several versions and were finally published in the Chapter Approved books. They are optional rules which must be agreed upon by all players; however, several tournaments use them and this has given rise to the belief that they are the "official" assault rules. They are still optional unless the tourney organizers advise they are to be used in the tournament. In that case they take priority over the rules in the BBB (Big Black Book).

Closed Thread