Tank shock - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank shock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank shock

:ninja: :cry: Tank shock how often is it effective and when should you use it
    :wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Tank shock works pretty well on every one except marines (loyalist more than chaos).

You should use it when the squad you want to ram cannot hurt your tank (which limits it down). Using it against low LD troops is brilliant (such as mutant mobs).

I find transports work best doing this, things like rhinos as they are generally disposable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tankshock revisited

:yes: I am with it, but what about infintry when they are attempting to broadside your side armor. would a tankshock be in order then if so before or after thier assault phase?:rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I would tank shock in that case, it is a quick and nasty way to hurt troops.

There's nothing stopping you moving 6" (and tank shocking) and if you survive fire upon the unit you just rammed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tankshock again

:yes: that rocks, you are right plus i have the option to drive away because technically i am not locked in cc with the squad. true, tankshock can occur at anytime during my or his turn?:sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

Well, if its your tank it can only occur in your movement phase. There is nothing stopping an opponents tank shocking your troops as well in their movement phase.

It is a risky tactic as most squads have weapons like meltaguns and the like, thus generally resulting in your tank turning into a big fireball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    Well, if its your tank it can only occur in your movement phase. There is nothing stopping an opponents tank shocking your troops as well in their movement phase.

It is a risky tactic as most squads have weapons like meltaguns and the like, thus generally resulting in your tank turning into a big fireball.
    Keep in mind that only models that are over run, get DOG attacks, meaning if you clip his squad, and avoid those members, they generally won't be able to hurt you.

Just something to keep in mind.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Another thing to remember is that a run over squad must move out of the tanks way in the shortest direction possible. So if you simply clip a squad you can effectively push it to the side and leave the tank as a barrier between them and your army. This will work great with a disposable unit such as a Rhino as it will force the enemy to move around it for at least a turn. Vehicles like the Necron Monolith can use this to great effect as it is 8" long per side. The fact that it is a skimmer means you can shoot under it without trouble.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it very usefull vs tau shooty player, who screen his crisis with little firewarriors squads.

Tank shock allows to go through these human screens without having to loosing precious time to deal in CC with them.
    I am using squads in rhino to open gaps in these screens either to pass through, or to open gates for my assault squads.

One question though: Can you disrupt unit coherency using tank shock? (i had an argument with a friend about this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus
    I find it very usefull vs tau shooty player, who screen his crisis with little firewarriors squads.

Tank shock allows to go through these human screens without having to loosing precious time to deal in CC with them.
    I am using squads in rhino to open gaps in these screens either to pass through, or to open gates for my assault squads.

One question though: Can you disrupt unit coherency using tank shock? (i had an argument with a friend about this)
    p 70, must stay in coherency.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast