Necrons Phasing Out - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i have never played necrons. ive played every army but necron and s.o.b. i hear so many people talking about the phasing out rule, but i dont know what it is. if im going to work on my anti necron tactics i will need to know what phasing out is. please give me a nice detailed description on this rule.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially if you kill a certain portion of the Necrons in the army, the entire army will disappear. Only certain models count toward this weakness. For a more detailed description you'll have to read the codex, page 13. Or get your opponent to let you read it before the battle.

Tactics wise it means you should focus your attacks on models with the necron special ability. Eliminate them and you win the battle. Other models are dealt with as their threat may require, but they usually aren't the main focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so lets say if these "phasers" were to be necron warriors, and you had 2 five man squads, and hid them behind a fortified bunker and sent the other necrons into the fray of the battle, you could never lose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you can still loose the same as any other army, depending on the scenario you're playing. Necrons just have one more weakness to offset some of their other strengths. Also, if the Necron player tried to hide a sufficient number so you couldn't kill them, he'd loose for sure as he would be playing without a quarter of his army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best thing that I think to do to phase out some necrons is to focus on their regular troops or other weak units (if any of their units could actually be considered weak). Best bet is to use heavy weapons that get outright kills, like lascannons, dark lances, plasma cannons, etc....If you play a close combat army, then just get into their hordes of warriors quickly and start punishing them (use power weapons if you have the ability to use them). You gotta hit em fast, hit em hard, and keep hitting em if you wanna expect to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that the rule is if they lose 50% of their strength I'm not sure though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no its not and we cant say exactly when they phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Dec 9 2003, 17:40
    he'd loose for sure as he would be playing without a quarter of his army.
    We already did say it, didn't we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh didnt read whole thing just skimmed and saw that someone said they phase out after 50% gone, but we still cant really say the rule. Sorry for not reading and noticing that sentence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'quarter' of the army is just an estimation. It depends on how many of which type of troop is fielded. Some units count toward the total, some don't. The exact mix will determine the precise number that have to be killed in order to cause phase out.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast