Gaming Tables - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gaming Tables

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering what the dimensions are for the table people use for "normal" battles say with 1000-1500 points. It seems to me that, aside from the specific scenario rules, there aren't a lot of guidelines and that tables that are too big or too small (particularly talking about the distance between the opposing armies) can lead to massive balance problems: CC armies get chewed up if they have too long to travel while firepower based armies get slaughtered on narrow tables. Any thoughts? :unsure:

WP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 x 4 ft seems to be the best for games around 1000-2000 points. It allows for an ok deploymentzone while still being 24" from your opponent.

lekrist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on the armys ur using,

my gaming table is 6' by 4' which is pretty norm.

me and my brother fight khorne and orks so we normally deploy on the long sides to speed the game up.

if u had shooty armys you can deploy on the narrow ends and be 4' away.
    (good for my tau army)

or you can do diagonals, or have oen army in the middle and the other surrounding it.

loads of different combos makeing very different games..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use 6x4 tables as well; this is the usual size used in tournaments here. As far as getting a balanced deployment, the diagonal is the best of both worlds, giving both commanders to try and set up to their advantage. For an example of the diagonal set-up check this month's 40k battle report in White Dwarf, (in the U.S. it's #287) as explaining is a bit difficult without a diagram. Granted, several games in a row using this deployment scheme gets to be a REAL pain in the arse, but it's advantages are huge. Natural tendencies while you and your opponent set up terrain usually means that there are a couple "lines" of cover along the long (or short, depending which you play) edges of the board, to help minimize losses in the first turn. The diagonal set up really minimizes the effects of this. It's hard to explain, but it seems to make for a more dynamic game, as you manueovre for cover and firing lanes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8xr foot is stated as a good size in the rulebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry thats 8x4 feet

Closed Thread