Space Marine pre-set traits rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine pre-set traits rules

I have a crimson fists space marine army, if i wish to use the traits rule do i HAVE to use the traits "suffer not the alien" and "faithful unto death", or can i choose others instead.

and if i have to use the set traits for the chapter then WHY? it means that my huge army of space marines have the most rubbish trait ever(how many times do you fight only orks?), just because of how there painted!

I know its suppose to just add character to your army but its unfair, seeing as a made up chapter can have apothcaries or 2 special weapons in a squad ect. or a combonation of traits that would make it more powerfull than others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically i suppose you have to play with CF traits (or no traits), but i think this really depends on who you are playing. We all want to get the most value out of our models by playing them in configurations that we didn't glue/paint on to them. I think this is always fine in informal play as long as you inform your opponent. If someone wanted to play me with space marines using different chapter traits i'd be fine with it as long as i knew what everything was. I think this goes back to the #1 rule of having fun. If an opponent is not gonna let you play with different traits just cause of how you are painted I doubt it would even be fun to play them.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

You either use the traits listed or none at all, you cannot change them from those listed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

You can use whatever bloody traits you want.

If you want to change the listed traits then go for it.

Now this has the disadvantage that you can NOT take that chapters special characters, but there is nothing stopping you using different traits and still calling your army Crimson Fists.

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

yeah, basically you can change the traits and play the marines, they just arent cannon crimson fists so no special characters and such.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the use of special characters: the wording is (as usaul) vague on page 45 where it gives the traits. COuld you use chapter special characters in a non-trait army? The last sentence on the left of teh chapters of legend box seems to say that to me, but I can see how you could argue otherwise.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

+ Reply to Thread