Questions about the Darkangels update - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about the Darkangels update

So after being away from WH40k for so long I have some questions concerning the update for the Darkangels codex. Im having trouble understanding the extra costs etc that go with everyone now. :cry:

Darkangel characters. Lets say I want a captain which costs XX points. He has to take terminator honors (XX points) and become stubborn (X points) coming to a total of XX points? Is that right? A grandmaster used to cost XX points, am I doing this wrong or did Darkangels get a nerf? I think im missing something

Same deal with the chaplains. All characters the darkangels use cost an extra XX points?

Next question. When upgrading to a veteran sergeant and picking up stubborn, he will confer the stuborness to all other members in the tactical squad correct?

And finally, whats the difference between intractable and stubborn?

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to help a confused soul. :yes:

Last edited by Masamune2004; February 26th, 2006 at 19:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

1) You are right about the points cost, you have to buy stubborn for X points.

Please remove the points cost for T. honours and stubborn as it violates forum rules.

2) Yes, they cost more than the codex characters.

3) To see wether he confers stubborn to the unit see the universal special rules in the rulebook, it tells you how abilities are conferred.

4) Stubborn means you pass all LD test except you can still be pinned (i.e you still have to roll for it).

5) Intractable is a bit more complicated but basically if you fail a LD test you don't fall back you stay where you are (but count as moving for weapon purposes).

Hope this helps.

The most isloated capital city in the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never knew you were so knowledgeable of our robed bretheren Outsider :huh:
    Very suspisous
    Only a few prefer liberty - the majority seek nothing more than fair masters

Sallust, Histories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Alrighty thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle repairman
    Never knew you were so knowledgeable of our robed bretheren Outsider :huh:
    Very suspisous
    Well I happen to know a lot about SW as well as DA, and you know what they say: Know your friends but know your enemy even better.

So basically, DA characters all cost the normal cost int he SM codex +20 pts, which includes terminator honours and stubborn. You can't take TH again, but it doesn't count towards the 100 pts wargear limit (I think).

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Nope it does not count as its compulsory so shouldn't count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

4) Stubborn means you pass all LD test except you can still be pinned (i.e you still have to roll for it).
    Actually it means you pass all morale tests but still have to take LD and pinning tests.

5) Intractable is a bit more complicated but basically if you fail a LD test you don't fall back you stay where you are (but count as moving for weapon purposes).
    If you fail a morale check for taking 25% casulaties from shooting instead of falling back you are pinned.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm thas not right. Pinned means you can't shoot. Dark angels lock into place like being pinned true but they can fire normally.

-I'm not surrounded, I'm merely in a target rich enviroment..-
    LO paint log
    Recent Stuff

+ Reply to Thread