Khorn charge questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Khorn charge questions

I play a lot of chaos games, but I've yet to fight a khorne player yet. I was wondering how blood frenzy works with fish of fury. My question is about the charge of marines in blood frenzy.

If they are coming from the upper right or upper left side of a devilfish which has fire warriors in a single fish of fury formation (right behind it), do they have to charge the fish as it is slightly closer? Note that in the example i'm using, the fish is a bit closer.

P.47 of the chaos codex says that they must charge any units in range. I read this as the player can choose to charge whichever unit he wants, even if it isn't the closest, since it says nothing about assaulting the closest. The only confusion comes from the fact that in the movement phase they must move towards the closest enemy.

So in short do the khornate marines (in blood frenzy) get to choose who they assault if multiple units are in range? I'm thinking that they do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The only restriction is that they must move towards the nearest enemy unit if gripped by Blood Frenzy - they don't have to charge it. Afterwards, if the Berzerkers can move at least one model around the Devilfish and charge the Fire Warriors (since Charges don't have to be in a straight line; only the shortest legal route) then they can effectively ignore the Devilfish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Ah ok thanks. They are indeed as good as they sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    The only restriction is that they must move towards the nearest enemy unit if gripped by Blood Frenzy - they don't have to charge it. Afterwards, if the Berzerkers can move at least one model around the Devilfish and charge the Fire Warriors (since Charges don't have to be in a straight line; only the shortest legal route) then they can effectively ignore the Devilfish.
    Totally valid. I hate it when people assume you MUST charge the closest unit. You must charge the unit you shot at. But I love to make my fast CC 'nids, who can't shoot, run around the cannon fodder and assault the meat in the middle.

Quick question that I hope I know the answer to:
    Is it legal to charge around a squad to assalt an unattached IC behind them? I believe this is legal as long as you follow the rules for charging a unit correctly. I thought the new IC rules only apply to shooting them (only if they are closest unit), not assaulting them. Is this a correct assumption?
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCreampuff
    Totally valid. I hate it when people assume you MUST charge the closest unit. You must charge the unit you shot at. But I love to make my fast CC 'nids, who can't shoot, run around the cannon fodder and assault the meat in the middle.

Quick question that I hope I know the answer to:
    Is it legal to charge around a squad to assalt an unattached IC behind them? I believe this is legal as long as you follow the rules for charging a unit correctly. I thought the new IC rules only apply to shooting them (only if they are closest unit), not assaulting them. Is this a correct assumption?
    The rules for Khorne charging says only that you have to charge a unit IF YOU CAN DO SO. That means if you shot at squad A and can only assault B, you can't assault. Also, if you can assault A or B, you get your choice (it doesn't say you have to assualt the closest like in Frenzy).

So given that, if the Indep is unattached, and he's in range for a charge, you CAN choose to assault the IC rather than the squad and may be able to get into B2B with some models in the other squad. You are right Creampuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Gentlemen, there's no need to debate. I have my answer, Khorne squads (in blood frenzy) can choose who to charge when given multiple choices (in range).

However there's another question i'm a little hazy on. It's about what happens if a Khorne unit gets a 1 or 2 on its roll during the movement phase and has to move a normal move +D6. Say a devilfish is 10 inches away with firewarrriors behind it at about 8.5 or 9 inches.

Can the berserkers continue moving past the fish, and closer to the units behind it, if they (the marines) roll high enough to move 12 inches? Or do they have to stop at the devilfishs' (1") exclusion zone and lose any excess movement?
    Last edited by mephistophales; March 9th, 2006 at 00:50.

+ Reply to Thread