Blood frenzy question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Blood frenzy question

If a unit in blood frenzy rolls 12" and reaches a unit at 6", what happens to the next 6"? Does the unit have to stop there and waste it? Or can it continue moving 6" and into assault range of other units?

win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I believe Blood Frenzy forces them to assault the closest unit. so the extra 6" of movement would be wasted. I'm not 100% sure as I don't have my codex handy.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I also have the same question. In a recent game my WE 's went all ragey and hade 11 inches of movment but they only needed about 7 inches to contact the 1 inch ( no go zone ) that surrounds every thing in the non assult phase. so i used the extra movment to lap around the unit so i could maximize my assault. I would think that is the legal move allowed.
    Also I would like to add a second question if i could co opt this post.

If a squad with blood frenzy rages and has to advance on the nearest enemy unit, I assume the sqaud must move in a straight line. Do all the models have to advance as close as possible ( Ie make one big knot of troops with bases touching after the closet memeber of the enemy unit) or can I move 1 model to the closet enemy unit and still leave my squad spread out at the normal choherancy limit of 2 inches?

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

I have the newest codex and it says nothing about having to assault the closest opponent, you just have to move towards them. Although you do have to assualt whoever is in range.

I'm just confused about what happens when you get to your closest opponent. I think it would be illegal to start moving past them, because they're closer than anyone else (short of something being equi-distant).

So basically I hold the opposite view of josh. But I can't find any errata or anything to say for sure.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To my understanding you have to move all models possible into combat and those unable to reach an enemy in 2 inchs of one of your own. You also must charge models that are not in combat with a friendly model already until no more 'free' models are in range and then you can start having 2 on 1 etc.
    SGT. JOHNSON:
    Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks!
    We had sticks. Two stick and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock!
    You should consider yourself very lucky marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by swift knife
    To my understanding you have to move all models possible into combat and those unable to reach an enemy in 2 inchs of one of your own. You also must charge models that are not in combat with a friendly model already until no more 'free' models are in range and then you can start having 2 on 1 etc.
    Thanks but, I think I need to lay out the question more clearly. In this case, say they're attacking a transport, all of the marines would be able to get into combat range with their move, and still have some inches left on their move My question is what happens to that extra movement, does it mysteriously dissapear or can you still use it?. And yes we know they have to charge, but it's a move phase question, not an assault question. But I guess that part was an answer to josh's question. I agree on that.
    Last edited by mephistophales; March 9th, 2006 at 22:52.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

but it's a move phase question, not an assault question. But I guess that part was an answer to josh's question. I agree on that.
    mephistophales, is right it is a movment question not a assault question for instance if you can move 12 inches but the enemy is only six inches away can you use the extra movment to encirlce your opponenet ( for instance lets say there is a IC hiding in the squad , can You use the extra movment to contact him by laping around the main body of the closet squad?

Aslo in my question are the raging models obligated to move like idiots like so

E E E E E IC
    E E
    E
    BB
    BBB
    BBB
    E = enemy
    IC + Independat Character & B = Beserker

Hmmm.. ithink i need to make some graphics and post elsewhere later 2nite .. thanks for the input
    Last edited by Adeptjosh; March 9th, 2006 at 23:04.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can encircle him as long as you don't go in 1 inch of the models.
    And you can't leave your squad spread out. If they are in range they must assault and any out of range can hang around in coherency.
    SGT. JOHNSON:
    Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks!
    We had sticks. Two stick and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock!
    You should consider yourself very lucky marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptjosh
    mephistophales, is right it is a movment question not a assault question for instance if you can move 12 inches but the enemy is only six inches away can you use the extra movment to encirlce your opponenet ( for instance lets say there is a IC hiding in the squad , can You use the extra movment to contact him by laping around the main body of the closet squad?

Aslo in my question are the raging models obligated to move like idiots like so

E E E E E IC
    E E
    E
    BB
    BBB
    BBB
    E = enemy
    IC + Independat Character & B = Beserker

Hmmm.. ithink i need to make some graphics and post elsewhere later 2nite .. thanks for the input
    It looks like your trying to setup a situation something like the first pannel, and you want to know which one of the other pannels(2, or 3) is correct.

All it states in blood frenzy is that they must charge. If you cross ref that with the rules for charging (BGB, P.37), pannel 2 would acutually be against the rules, So pannel 3 or a similar variation, would be correct, provided that they have the movement availible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Hmm. ok I see what you're saying. That's a very helpful diagram, and I also have a second situation.

Nearly the same situation, but it is just one squad/vehicle/character (1) instead of a character and squad being attacked (2).

Does their extra 6" of movement just get wasted if say, in this case, the other closest enemy is 12" away?

I believe it does, but I just want to make sure.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast