Warp Spiders movement help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Spiders movement help

When you move 12" and then shoot at someone within 6", (and have an exarch with 2 death spinners at assualt 2), can you assualt? Or do u do that weird 2 d6 roll thingy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by utoeldar
    When you move 12" and then shoot at someone within 6", (and have an exarch with 2 death spinners at assualt 2), can you assualt? Or do u do that weird 2 d6 roll thingy?
    you can move 12" then assault the normal 6". you may not fire any rapid fire weapons (regular warp spiders cannot fire at all if you want to be able to assault) but you may fire assault weapons. if you do fire the rapid fire weapons (which will probably do more than assaulting will) then you may not assault. however you may still make your 2d6 assault move as long as it doesn't get you into contact with an enemy model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TzarNikolai
    you can move 12" then assault the normal 6". you may not fire any rapid fire weapons (regular warp spiders cannot fire at all if you want to be able to assault) but you may fire assault weapons. if you do fire the rapid fire weapons (which will probably do more than assaulting will) then you may not assault. however you may still make your 2d6 assault move as long as it doesn't get you into contact with an enemy model.
    Not contact, 1". A model not in CC cannot end it's move within 1" of an enemy model.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks guys.

...But i read this tactica actually that says some thing different.

I could be reading it wrong but anyways here it is.

Is the writer wrong?

"...For 15 more points, the spider squad can also disengage after any turn of hand to hand combat. This power is best used on the opponents turn as the Warp Spiders automatically rally after the withdraw. The Spiders then fire their weapons into the squad again, only to charge again with a massive 32 attacks in hand to hand...."
    Last edited by utoeldar; March 24th, 2006 at 06:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by utoeldar
    Ok thanks guys.

...But i read this tactica actually that says some thing different.

I could be reading it wrong but anyways here it is.

Is the writer wrong?

"...For 15 more points, the spider squad can also disengage after any turn of hand to hand combat. This power is best used on the opponents turn as the Warp Spiders automatically rally after the withdraw. The Spiders then fire their weapons into the squad again, only to charge again with a massive 32 attacks in hand to hand...."
    If the Warp Spiders web spinners (or whatever they're called) are rapid fire then this tactica must be from 3rd edition. You cannot shoot rapid fire weapons and assault in the same turn in 4th edition.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

The tactic is indeed from 3rd edition, currently Warp Spider have rapid fire weapons, so Tzar has the correct interpretation for the current edition rules. Withdraw is an exarch power upgrade that does allow you to jump out of combat at the end of the assault phase, don't count on it keeping your spiders alive however in CC
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the tactica means is that at the end of an opponents assault phase, the spiders can disengage using withdraw.

it is then the eldar players turn. he can move 12, rapid fire, and make the assault move.

+ Reply to Thread