Bionics and Adamantine Mantle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Bionics and Adamantine Mantle

OKay space marine vets...I'm building my chapter master, and fitting him with wargear, i see that the Adamantine Mantle negates insta-death so he only takes a wound...okay...now I also give him Bionics....so does that mean on that insta-death wound he just avoided that on a 6+ i ignore the wound?

Just want to make sure i understand my wargear before i put it in place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

A hard call that can easily be read either way. . . For what it's worth, here's my interpretation:

Adamantine Mantle makes it so the character will never suffer Instant Death. However, that does not change the fact that the attack may be one that causes Instant Death. The character will simply lose a single wound. Since the attack is still acknowledged as one that causes Instant Death (though ineffectually, in this case), Bionics cannot protect against the wound.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeis982
    OKay space marine vets...I'm building my chapter master, and fitting him with wargear, i see that the Adamantine Mantle negates insta-death so he only takes a wound...okay...now I also give him Bionics....so does that mean on that insta-death wound he just avoided that on a 6+ i ignore the wound?

Just want to make sure i understand my wargear before i put it in place.

That is correct, but only for shoots, not for hits done in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

why does it only work against shooting? it says any wounds from a weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

It does work against close combat weapons, limited only by the restrictions described in the codex.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Bionics should allow you to prevent the wound so long as bionics would normally work, i.e. you can take an armor save from the attack. Since anything STR8 or higher usually prevents you from taking an armor save it doesn't really matter (except maybe from a missile launcher if you have artificer or terminator armor, but I can't think of anything else).

+ Reply to Thread