do i have to attack in CC? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

10 (x1)

do i have to attack in CC?

this came up while fighting my friend who plays necrons. the situation was
    necrons (seraphim) God

i shot the necrons, only 1 survived and passes morale. i then charged him. now, if he was alive at the end of my assualt phase i could use my hit and run rule, avoiding the god entirely. so i asked, 'do i have to make my attacks? can i just take his one hit and call it a fight?'

ended up wiping him out and then getting messed up by the god, but do you HAVE to make your attacks in CC?

In all honesty, you're probably better off ignoring everything I say.

2. Remove Advertisements

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

Yes, all models able to fight must fight. Unlike for shooting, there is no rule saying that one may choose to not have certain models hold back. You may choose which weapons each model uses to lessen your chances of doing damage, though. I don't know what Seraphim's are armed with, but in a theoretical example one could have a model use its pistol (which will count as a normal close combat weapon) instead of its Power Weapon.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

+ Reply to Thread