Anither Units Screening Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for general unit screening, like when a marine captain is within 6 inches of a squad or what not and can't normally be shot at, hows that work for vehcles?

can for instance eldar jetbikes screen for vypers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I understand it, no. As jetbikes are treated as infantry, they are unable to screen anything with an armor value.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Yup, only terrain and vehicles can block LOS to another vehicle.

However, that being within 6" of another viable target is an additional rule and it works only for independant characters. A vyper isn't an IC, so this rule cannot protect it either. Also note that "viable" means that at least one weapon of the shooting squad has to be able to damage that alternative target. You cannot protect a chaplain by moving a land raider next to him if the opponent has no weapons which can harm the land raider in that squad which he wants to use in order to kill the chaplain. You could block LOS with that land raider though.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ArchonAstaroth@Apr 28 2003, 05:37
    Yup, only terrain and vehicles can block LOS to another vehicle.

However, that being within 6" of another viable target is an additional rule and it works only for independant characters. A vyper isn't an IC, so this rule cannot protect it either. Also note that "viable" means that at least one weapon of the shooting squad has to be able to damage that alternative target. You cannot protect a chaplain by moving a land raider next to him if the opponent has no weapons which can harm the land raider in that squad which he wants to use in order to kill the chaplain. You could block LOS with that land raider though.

jwu
    What if i get a squad of jetbikes, and then get that eldar character who rides a vyper within 6 inches?, what then? i mean if you can hurt a vyper you can easily hurt a jetbike.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

ICs within a transport vehicle don't protect the vehicle - they only can protect themselves, and a shot at the vyper isn't a shot at the IC, even though the crash could kill him.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Question

Ok, besides, say a grav tank, what kinds of things could screen for an eldar support weapon battery? Now its my understanding that you don't actualy shoot at the weapons but at the crew, in that case if i have a guardian squad in front of the support weapons do they screen for the crew and keep the big guns safe???

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Yes, guardians can screen other guardians - but they have to stand in a very dense formation, because the bases block LOS, not the whole unit with lots of gaps in between. Then they're extremely vulnerable to template weapons.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure about that? I mean, i was pretty sure that if an enemy unit was infront of another enemy unit you couldn't shoot the one in behind. Now its LOS vai mini bases?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

It's on page 45 of the BBB, the rule clearly says that "models block LOS". Models, not units.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, (um, whats the BBB?)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast