Scout moves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scout moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scout moves

I have a query about the free scout move you get at the start of a game.

For Space marine scouts they have the skills infiltrate and move through cover, but it doesn't say they have the scout skill!

I'm right in saying that's because they automatically get it for being scouts, right?

I just need to clear this up as some guys where I play say they couldn't use the scout ability as it isn't mentioned on their profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If something has the Scout special rule, it will say "Scout: ...Fluff... unit has scout special rule". The space marine scouts are just named scouts; no relation.

edit: After looking through Codex for an example-

Scout bikes, on the other hand, do have the scout special rule. Look at their entry to see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by delkins; April 21st, 2006 at 17:19.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

delkins is correct, scouts do not have the 'scout' special rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW's irony knows no depths...
    Just out of curiousity, whats next? Maybe you can make an issue about the fact that GW didn't define the action of 'rolling' a D6 to actually mean dropping it in such a manner as to produce a random result; thus making it perfectly acceptable to just put them down with the face up of your choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While they might not have the 'scout' rule, they do gain something just as good -infiltrate-. So the scout bikers cannot gain the infiltrate because the bikes are kinda loud, so they get the 'scout' move, which equals it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malachi
    GW's irony knows no depths...
    sooo true, and yet many people field scouts because they are cheaper and for most intents better than tacs. Deploy up front, cheap gear, can pin, many other goodies for less points.Plus remember that the only time their save is really any worse is against weapons fire when they ain't in cover(or if they take a huge wallop of small arms).
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need to assault Orks you might as well use SM Scouts since the only stat difference between them and regular marines is their Armor save, which ends up being the same because of the choppas.
    Just out of curiousity, whats next? Maybe you can make an issue about the fact that GW didn't define the action of 'rolling' a D6 to actually mean dropping it in such a manner as to produce a random result; thus making it perfectly acceptable to just put them down with the face up of your choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malachi
    If you need to assault Orks you might as well use SM Scouts since the only stat difference between them and regular marines is their Armor save, which ends up being the same because of the choppas.
    Yah, and the last thing you want to do to a bunch of boys is start closer.... Just something to think about=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I thought they got scout rule. But I'd rather have infiltrate, it's better, because you have more options of deploying, then just getting a 6" move. Now both would rock.

What's a good thing with bikes is you deploy them on the line, scout move 6", then on your first turn turboboost 24". Even with a 12 deploy zone, 12+6+24=42 inches you are now in the enemy deployment zone. Do this with a squad of 6, they have a 3+ invuln save, so even if in the open they stand a good chance of lasting til next turn. Then zip up and pop their tanks or tie up their elites in combat.

+ Reply to Thread