Warboss Riding Solo (RH) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x3)

Warboss Riding Solo (RH)

After rereading the entry on page 8 of the ork codex, It's come to my attention that I don't think the Warboss can opt to take a wartrukk as his own personal ride. To quote the direct wording from the entry...

'Wartrukk: If the Warboss and his bodyguard number ten models or less (including squigs, Grots, etc) they may be mounted in a wartrukk at the cost of +xx pts. See below for details.'

Now, this (big suprise) is sloppy wording from GW, because it does not clarify (here or anywhere else in the codex as far as I can tell) if the Warboss needs a retinue or not to take the wartrukk. It uses the 'Warboss AND his body guard number ten models or less...', and 'THEY may be mounted in a war trukk at the cost of +xx pts'.

This seems like it can be argued both ways, thats why I presented the topic here. This is an issue for many ork players (especially speed freaks) who like taking a warboss who rides solo in his own wartrukk because they a) don't like putting him in with other units which can screw him over during escalation rules, b) don't like giving him a warbike or c) don't like giving him an expensive retinue of jacked up nobs, costing well over 400 points and providing lots of juicy victory points for a well placed missile or lascannon blast.

(Same Topic in Ork Forum)

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

With your post count, I'd have thought you'd know better than to cross post. Sorry, but I'm going to have to lock this thread.

*thread locked and replies moved*
    Last edited by Ostsol; April 30th, 2006 at 04:56.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

Closed Thread