Librarium Online Forums banner

Toughness 3 and perils of the warp?

725 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  tarzen 
#1 ·
My question is:
Do toughness 3 models that suffer from a perils of the warp attack take a wound or get killed outright (since the wound is worked out at strength 6).

#2 ·
I'd say his brain pops. Instant Death.

#4 ·
P 52, under perils of the warp, and p 27 under instant death. Yeah, he's dead in one go. One of the only psychers in the game that this can happen to, since IG psychers are simply shot, whether or not they take the wound.

#6 ·
You may note, Farseers are Toughness 4 and so can't be killed outright by perils of the warp. They can also take a 5pt piece of wargear that allows them to ignore it!
Shadowseers can be killed in this way, however, and ghosthelms are not in the Harlequins wargear list.

I am a bit dubious about shadowseer skills - like warlock skills, do they not need to be tested for? Veil of Tears and Misdirection are skills used in the enemy's turn, when they try and assault or shoot you - it doesn't specify whether you can use either of them or both, or whether they need to be tested for.

#7 ·
Alexb83 said:
You may note, Farseers are Toughness 4 and so can't be killed outright by perils of the warp. They can also take a 5pt piece of wargear that allows them to ignore it!
Shadowseers can be killed in this way, however, and ghosthelms are not in the Harlequins wargear list.
it was noted already. And it's ignored on a 4+. If you can fail a 17/18 chance roll, you can usually fail a 1/2 one also.
I am a bit dubious about shadowseer skills - like warlock skills, do they not need to be tested for? Veil of Tears and Misdirection are skills used in the enemy's turn, when they try and assault or shoot you - it doesn't specify whether you can use either of them or both, or whether they need to be tested for.
Since these rules aren't official, what does it matter? play as you see fit and your opponenet agrees to before game.

#8 ·
They're only not 'official' in that you can't use them in tournaments (without the permission of the tournament organisers). I've been told repeatedly by my local GW staff that the rules as published on the GW website are both official and useable, and whilst I do not have a Harlequin army, I do use some of the figures as elites for Craftworld Eldar, and loan them to people when they're playing against chaos.

Shadowseers and Warlocks are both a bit odd in how the rules deal with their powers - Warlock powers are seperately defined in Codex : Eldar to 'Psychic Powers' which the Farseer must take; as I understand it, Warlock powers are used without a psychic test. The Shadowseer is a bit more strange in that his 'Psychic Powers' (as they are called in the Harlequin army list) arent' used in the shooting phase (in fact they aren't even used in the Harlequin players turn), and I think the BGB defines psychic powers as being used in your turn, in the shooting phase.

#9 ·
Alexb83 said:
They're only not 'official' in that you can't use them in tournaments (without the permission of the tournament organisers). I've been told repeatedly by my local GW staff that the rules as published on the GW website are both official and useable, and whilst I do not have a Harlequin army, I do use some of the figures as elites for Craftworld Eldar, and loan them to people when they're playing against chaos.
feel free to play them any way you wish. Again, since they are not tournie legal (as you point out so well) they are just as valid as me using a TITAN in a stadard game. And your local Gw staff didn't write the book, nor are they the holders of arcane knowledge. It's sad, that sooo many people make this mistake. Yes, they sell GW stuff. Period. It's like asking the guy at McDonalds about spongioform ensephalytus. He may be able to tell you a thing or two, but he's not the one that decides whether or not the burger you areeating came froma healthy cow.
Shadowseers and Warlocks are both a bit odd in how the rules deal with their powers - Warlock powers are seperately defined in Codex : Eldar to 'Psychic Powers' which the Farseer must take; as I understand it, Warlock powers are used without a psychic test.
Most warlock powers are yes, with the exception being AUGMENT. Other than that, their powers are assumed to "always be on", which, if you really want to have fun, just run your warlock with destructor, claiming its a shooting power but warlock powers are always on, so keep the templete in front of him.
The Shadowseer is a bit more strange in that his 'Psychic Powers' (as they are called in the Harlequin army list) arent' used in the shooting phase (in fact they aren't even used in the Harlequin players turn), and I think the BGB defines psychic powers as being used in your turn, in the shooting phase.
No, p 52 lays out that unless otherwise specified,they follow normal shooting rules. Very large difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.