Thunder Hammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thunder Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thunder Hammer

Hello, im playing with my bro right now and i have terminators with thunder hammers. He says that when hit with one the model attacks at the SAME TIME as the thunder hammer next turn, what i want to know is whether this is right because i always thought that they attacked AFTER the thunder hammer.

Remember, if somebody helps you out give them a cookie! Click the star button at the bottom of thier post. Rep Cookies taste gooooood :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thunder hammer

Hey

Thunder hammers are exactly the same as a power fist so they strike at In1, but they have the added bonus of causing stunning when a wound is caused (great for monsterous creatures). But the thunder hammer like the power fist will strike last unless faced by another powerfist or thunder hammer.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Jvernil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Page 46 of the BGB says that units hit with the thunder hammer do not attack again till Init 1 of the following assault phase, this means they hit simultaneously with PF and other thunder hammers.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also a bit confused... and I'm not sure if the replies to this thread are correct.

The exact wording is:

"...but any model wounded by it and not killed may not attack again until Initiative 1 blows are struck in the next assault phase."

So... "struck" is past tense, which leads me to believe that it could mean AFTER Initiative 1. But, conversely, it does not explicitly say "after" so it leads to a bit of convolusion.

How have people been playing this in tournaments. As far as I remember, this rule hasn't changes since 3rd edition... but I never used T. Hammers until recently.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon350z
    ...so it leads to a bit of convolusion.
    Welcome to the wild world of GW rules.

honestly though, in 4rth edition, there is now only Init 10-1 for Assualt phases (a unit in cover would attack at Init 10 rather than first, units with PFists and THammers attack at Init 1 instead of attacking last). Since there is no score slower than 1, I'd have to say that units wounded by a THammer strike at Init 1, the same as the THammer, the next round.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

The problem comes in that there are two versions of the rule there is the one in the BGB that states models Wounded with a Thunder Hammer strike at Initiative one, then there is the version in the Space Marine Codex Models wounded by a thunder hammer strike after initiative one, since the space marine codex is more recent i would take that intepretation of the rules.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Hmm, it appears you are correct. Ah, the wide world of ambiguous wording of GW. In light of this, I'm going to just clear it with my opponent which way I'm going to play it (simultaneous with I1) unless they have a problem with it. Considering how rarely I use T-hammers I'm not to concerned
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread