Lrc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lrc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lrc

I got into a situation today, that made me go hmm. Just need to know what you guys think.

We played a random game and it ended up a patrol, everyone starts in reserves except one troop.

My LRC usually sports my termy chaps, and a 7 man squad of assault terms. However, with the reserve rules, my Chaps had to come in by himself since he couldn't start as part of the assault term squad.

This is where we ran into the problem. I was just going to assign my LRC as a dedicated transport for my assault termies. Instead of having it come in as it's own unit, empty and getting scrooged out of it's being a transport.

My opponent said I couldn't take an LRC as a dedicated transport, as it's an LRC and not a Land Raider.

I said I could because it is STILL a Land Raider.

I think this is more a spirit of the rule thing, as the rule states you may take a Land Raider, but it doesn't say LRC. So I conceded the point because we couldn't come up with a decision, and I ate it. Taking my LRC as a straight up empty Heavy Support. (Bleh)

My argument is that a LRC is still a Land Raider, therefore you CAN set it as a dedicated transport.

Am I right, or deluded?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

If it says in a unit entry that they can be mounted in a land raider as a dedicated transport, then they can be mounted in a land raider, but unless it says "land raider crusader" then they may not be mounted in an LRC. It's unfortunate, but I suppose that's a nerfing point for the land raider crusader.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Only Black Templars have LRC's as dedicated transports, in all other chapters they are a heavy support choice.

So no, although it is called a land raider for all intents and purposes its a seperate entry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

The only army that allows you to take LRC's as dedicated troop transports is black templars. Other wise it is only a normal land raider, not a crusader, helios, or prometheus, just a normal landraider. Damn, The_Outsider posted while I was typing, Oh well...
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, I would have been correct. As I was playing a Black Templar army......(Sorry I didn't mention that on my original question.)

Oh well. Next time I'll point that fact out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wooT!
    Hmm, the BT codex places the LRC under heavy support instead.
    Is there anywhere that states this special LRC rule for BT that i can use as hard evidence when i play my next game? Buddy insists tat its under heavy support because codex says so.. -.-"

.: NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR! :.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

While I don't have te templars codex myself, whether an LRC can be taken as a dedicated transport or not will be detailed in a unit entry, not in the LRC entry itself. For example, with the crusader squad, it will say "the crusader squad may be mounted in a land raider crusader for +(points cost left out due to copyright). So if he disputes the fact that the LRC can be taken as a dedicated transport, show him the unit entry of the unit you have decided to mount in it - if there is an option of mounting them in a land raider crusader, then that's their dedicated transport and the argument settled.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstriker
    wooT!
    Hmm, the BT codex places the LRC under heavy support instead.
    Is there anywhere that states this special LRC rule for BT that i can use as hard evidence when i play my next game? Buddy insists tat its under heavy support because codex says so.. -.-"
    Look in the crusader squad entry under transports, it should list 6 and under for razorback, 10 and under for rhino, and 15 and under for LRC.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Grimm
    Then, I would have been correct. As I was playing a Black Templar army......(Sorry I didn't mention that on my original question.)

Oh well. Next time I'll point that fact out.
    Well it was obvious because your sig is a BT guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother brethren!
    Ooo.. dedicated transport it will be from now on!

.: NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR! :.

+ Reply to Thread