This is a 2-fer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is a 2-fer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a 2-fer

First Question: If a Whirlwind/Bassie anything that fires an Ordinance Barrage moves, I was under the impression that it can not fire it's main weapon. Several times I've seen people say it can or read in reports that it does. The rules that I remember reading and the table about what weapons can fire at what speeds say Ordinance Weapons can only fire if the vehicle is stationary. Am I missing something (in which case, where is it?) or are lots of people doing things wrong?

Second Question: I get a Librarian, and use a psychic power. If I score a hit in the Assault phase that causes an unsaved wound on a multi-wound model can I still use my Force Weapon or am I only able to use the Force Weapon special power if I don't use any other psychic powers?

Many thanks in advance!

May your aim be true, and your targets plentiful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) It's all on p.63 in the BGB. Note the difference of ordnance and ordnance barrage weapons.

2)
    p.46 in the bgb top right. It cannot be missinterpreted.

Are you sure you have the bgb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

1. Basic ordnance weapons can fire on the move, but as you will know, get extra scatter. If a vehicle has weapons other than the ordnance weapon, they cannot fire also - the crews sole attention is devoted to preparing and loading the ordnance weapon and bracing for it's firing.

Basilisks and Whirlwinds however, are indirect fire weapons. Indirect fire cannot be fired on the move, as it represents them calculating an angle for the shot to fire at and hitting the enemy from behind an obstacle. Therefore you cannot move and indirectly fire these weapons, although if there is an option to fire them directly, like with the defiler, you can move and fire directly.

2. If your librarian has used a power, he may not use the instant killing effects of his force weapon.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have it myself, my buddy does, and I'm trying to work up a list and I just trying to make sure that what I want to do is what I can do. Dealing with Nids can be annoying.
    May your aim be true, and your targets plentiful.

+ Reply to Thread