Does Marneus Calgar Strike at I1 or I5? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Marneus Calgar Strike at I1 or I5?

He's listed as having I5 in the book and on my army builder even though he wields powerfist, so is this a typo on both their parts or is he an exception to the rule since he wields those master crafted special gauntlets?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're still power fists and so he strikes at I1. There is nothing in his rules saying anything different and the fact that they are master-crafted makes no difference in this case. Power fists on IC's is a bit pointless as they can be cut down before they strike and can be targetted in close comabt. The fact that Marneus has an additional wound over normal commanders helps even this out a little, but not much.

That said any model equipped with a powerfist still retains their original initiative and if equipped with another weapon that is not a powerfist (i.e. a regular power weapon) can still strike at their inititive with that weapon and simply use the power fist as an additional close combat wepaon to gain an extra attack. This costs quite a few points but gives them the flexibility to kill infantry models or vehicles or monstrous creatures.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Indeed, he strikes as I1 if you use the powerfists.

However he has initiative 5 for other purposes, e.g. if you chose to attack without the powerfists, for sweeping advance purposes or for attacks that require a test e.g. vortex of doom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Are all wrong! Powerfists do never strike at nay initiative as they ALWAYS strike last regardless if the oponents initiative is - 2 million or watever. POWERFISTS ALWAYS STRIKE LAST, READ YOUR RULEBOOK!

I think you need to do some reading....of the LO rules. Watch your tone, and if you're going to be an arrogant git - at least learn the rules before you do.
    Last edited by Lordofchange; June 8th, 2006 at 01:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle8k
    You Are all wrong! Powerfists do never strike at nay initiative as they ALWAYS strike last regardless if the oponents initiative is - 2 million or watever. POWERFISTS ALWAYS STRIKE LAST, READ YOUR RULEBOOK!
    *reads rulebook*

"strikes with a powerfist are always delivered at initiative 1"

and yes, that is an exact quote, word for word from the rulebook.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, page 46 clearly states that "strikes from a powerfist are always delivered at Initiative 1".

Edit: beat me to it, same quote though.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeagle8k
    Haha..owned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Ookay. . . Question was answered, incorrect answer was corrected, poor posting habits were disproved of, and an unnecessary post was made. Heh. *lock*
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Closed Thread