Range measured from hull? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Range measured from hull?

I've seen in this forum a couple times people saying that you measure range from the hull of the vehicle not the weapon mount.

Obviously this is counterintuitive but I could see where it could be right.

Could people for or against that interpritation spell out carefully why they have the stance they do with page numbers and such?

Also if anyones been to an RTT and had a judge call it one way or the other that info would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I'm aware the rule book specifically states that shooting is measured from weapon mounts. I imagine the only time that the only time you would measure from the hull would be for a hull-mounted weapon.

Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment and don't have access to my BGB but I'm sure someone will be good enough to furnish you with a page number for this ruling.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Actually having asked some other people it looks like the reason for measuring the range from the hull is because it tells you to measure distances from the hull on page 6. And range is a distance. One would expect them to overrule this in the vehicle section, but while they say LOS must be measured from the mount they don't say anything about range. Leaving page 6 as the only thing to go by.

I wonder if that was just somebody in editing forgetting to add it in or if they just figured that the idea of shots stopping cold at a specific point is already a little weird and so measuring range from the hull makes about as much sence while making game logistics easier.

+ Reply to Thread