Mixed Armor in transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixed Armor in transport

Land Raiders have the option to carry both power armor troop as well as terminators. My question is can these two types be mixed in one transport. Say having an HQ in terminator armor and a command squad in power armor (reasoning that each model in terminator armor takes up two spots)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Considering an HQ in power armor cannot take a termie command and vice versa, I'd say no to the presented scenario.

But it can transport an IC that just joins the unit over the course of play in with a unit wearing different armor i.e. your termie commander can join a power armored assault squad in a land raider assuming the assault squad is no more than 8 models.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

In addition to what Mastershake said, it is generally accepted that a model in Terminator Armour take up the same space as two normal models. I'm not sure if there's any specific rule in the codex that explicitly states this, but one might note that most transports in the Marine codex can take twice as many models in Power Armour than in Terminator Armour.

EDIT: Fixed a major mistake. . .
    Last edited by Ostsol; July 4th, 2006 at 00:02.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    In addition to what Mastershake said, it is generally accepted that a model in Terminator Armour take up the same space as normal models. I'm not sure if there's any specific rule in the codex that explicitly states this, but one might note that most transports in the Marine codex can take twice as many models in Power Armour than in Terminator Armour.
    Only thing that comes close is all the imperial armour stuff where it clearly says that termies occupy 2 spots, powerarmour and others 1. But this isn't in the main rules. But I certainly agree that it is convention that a termi = 2 models(as per your last sentence).

Also note, ICs can certainly ride in the transport if they are not joined, they just have to get out before or when the squad gets out, as per bgb p (will grab it in a sec, am outside).
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    Only thing that comes close is all the imperial armour stuff where it clearly says that termies occupy 2 spots, powerarmour and others 1. But this isn't in the main rules. But I certainly agree that it is convention that a termi = 2 models(as per your last sentence).

Also note, ICs can certainly ride in the transport if they are not joined, they just have to get out before or when the squad gets out, as per bgb p (will grab it in a sec, am outside).
    Yeah, I actually meant to say that, but for some reason I typed it totally wrong. :wacko: I fixed my post.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Chaos can mix power armour and terminator armour in the same squad with chosen, and I'm fairly sure in the CSM codex at least it states that models in terminator armour occupy two slots in a land raider. If that has any effect on the SM codex, I have no idea.

+ Reply to Thread